Forest Hills COVID protocol

Started by pzoo, Aug 15, 2021, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pzoo

Anyone have any insight into the band's feelings about requiring vaccinations to get in, or at least a negative test?

At the risk of inflaming emotions, I've decided (just my personal choice) to not be a complicit enabler anymore and won't attend shows that don't have such a requirement unless things improve dramatically on the vaccine uptake front. Given the shows are not sold out, I'd rather avoid waiting until the last minute to sell my tickets.

The forest hills website has the below, but it's seems a bit tone deaf to recent trends, other artists now demanding this at their shows and summerstage moving to vax only. So, before I sell, I'm just trying any avenue for info that can help me avoid any potential regret from selling them if they change the policy!

Thanks

"Under current guidelines, this show will not require proof of vaccination. Masking is optional if you are vaccinated, but NYS requires unvaccinated individuals to wear masks if they cannot social distance. Should there be further updates, we will share via our socials and/or the venue website."

ranyart

One of the most vexing and interesting things about our virus situation is its constantly changing nature and what has to be done to respond to it.  We went to our first covid funeral yesterday.  53 years old and a vaccine refuser who spent two months in the hospital before she died.  No telling what will happen next!

pzoo

pzoo

Yes, very nice

MMJ have made an announcement:
https://mymorningjacket.com/news/299858

Although NYC seems to have announced this morning that vaccines will be required for sports arenas too now, which would override this if true. But trying to find more info - the enforcement date may be after the forest hills shows, not sure.

Glad to at least get this announcement.  though

ranyart

Found this at the bottom of MMJ's announcement:

"*Proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination will be the only acceptable form of entry for 10/31 New Orleans, 11/4-6 Chicago, and 12/29-31 Denver shows, except for children under the age of 12 where a 48 hours negative test result will be allowed."

Sounds like testing won't be enough for these shows so time to get your vaccinations folks if you want to go!

Jbpats

off topic but are others still waiting for their presale 'RUNIT' hard tickets to be mailed out?
I still haven't received mine for either night.

Woody

Quote from: Jbpats on Aug 16, 2021, 04:33 PMoff topic but are others still waiting for their presale 'RUNIT' hard tickets to be mailed out?

I'm still waiting on my tickets.

pzoo

Quote from: Woody on Aug 16, 2021, 05:36 PM
Quote from: Jbpats on Aug 16, 2021, 04:33 PMoff topic but are others still waiting for their presale 'RUNIT' hard tickets to be mailed out?

I'm still waiting on my tickets.

Same here

rdeiterding

Quote from: ranyart on Aug 16, 2021, 04:32 PMFound this at the bottom of MMJ's announcement:

"*Proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination will be the only acceptable form of entry for 10/31 New Orleans, 11/4-6 Chicago, and 12/29-31 Denver shows, except for children under the age of 12 where a 48 hours negative test result will be allowed."

Sounds like testing won't be enough for these shows so time to get your vaccinations folks if you want to go!

I think this has more to do with the AEG announcement that vaccinations will be required for all of their shows after October 1 rather than specifically related to MMJ.

Woody

My tickets arrived in the mail today.