Main Menu

2021 Tour

Started by SteamEngineWentWest, May 18, 2021, 10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jttouch2

Quote from: ranyart on May 27, 2021, 10:05 AMTickets have been on sale to the general public for a week now and I have to say I'm surprised only three of the shows are sold out, and I'm shocked that none of the east coast shows are on the sold out list especially Forrest Hills.  Do you suppose it's mostly because of the Brittney Howard co-bill, or maybe Covid-19 paranoia?

I don't think MMJ sold out their last 1-night show at Forest Hills, I was pretty shocked that they went for a 2-nighter there.

Cameron

There was definitely plenty of room up near the top.

dookie shoot bandit

Forrest Hills is a great venue with a cool little area to hang out before the show.
It's always just such a fucking drag to get there for me. Would definitely recommend the travel package or even staying for the night in a local hotel.

ericm

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on May 29, 2021, 09:04 AMForrest Hills is a great venue with a cool little area to hang out before the show.
It's always just such a fucking drag to get there for me. Would definitely recommend the travel package or even staying for the night in a local hotel.

It's definitely a drag to drive there from Jersey but both times I went, I used NJ Transit into NY Penn, and then LIRR to Forrest Hills. The LIRR is easy as could be and a quick, inexpensive train ride. I think it was one or two stops, about 20 minutes and around $10 each way.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jack D

Quote from: ranyart on May 27, 2021, 10:05 AMTickets have been on sale to the general public for a week now and I have to say I'm surprised only three of the shows are sold out, and I'm shocked that none of the east coast shows are on the sold out list especially Forrest Hills.  Do you suppose it's mostly because of the Brittney Howard co-bill, or maybe Covid-19 paranoia?
My thoughts, too, and yes- I believe COVID paranoia still exists. New York was slammed by the virus- many died, many were confined indoors, and some fled the city. Only in the last couple weeks are the streets beginning to seem half-normal (I work in Manhattan). Just a few weeks ago I was having trouble imagining shows in 2021, but with the family fully vaxed and regional vaccination rates hitting 50%, MMJ shows convinced me to take the leap of faith. I think others will, too, but gradually. Forest Hills requires a (possibility crowded) train or subway ride, so I can understand some hesitancy. But it's a great venue- and co-billed artists generally get at least an hour set. Looking forward to two nights of Brittany and MMJ!

MPP

Haven't seen anyone mention this, but found it interesting.  Received tickets for both MPP and Forest Hills - and there's no Brittney reference to be found.  My Morning Jacket is the only name listed on the tickets.

If it's really a "co-bill" more than MMJ with a well known opener, seems a bit strange.  To me anyway.

It's also funny I purchased and then received hard prints by mail for both shows within a month, but still waiting on my 20th Anniversary At Dawn vinyl from January.  Lol

parkervb

@MPP what method did you order tickets? I ask because I got mine in venue presale so want to know if I should be looking for my tickets.
Don't you ever turn it off

MPP

parkervb - bought a pair each in the MMJ pre-pre sale for MPP and Forest Hills, and a pair in the next day venue presale ( 9:30 Club link for Merriweather).  Received both methods.  Ticketmaster for MPP, AXS for Forest Hills.

Think they all just got to me a couple days ago.  I was gone on the weekend and found them in mailbox yesterday.

I'd think they should show up for you this week.

MMJTX

For the VIP Love and Sound packages, did they send your extra merchandise to your home or was it something you picked up at the show? Just curious what they've done in the past
Anytime

robb

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 08, 2021, 12:47 PMFor the VIP Love and Sound packages, did they send your extra merchandise to your home or was it something you picked up at the show? Just curious what they've done in the past

any time i've done VIP before (RR '16, broomfield, RR'19) it was given to you in person.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

MMJTX

Anytime

MPP

Seconding robb's reply. For Cap Theater 2019, you picked up in person during early entry.

Jbpats

For local NYers.
Does anyone know what a standard set time is at the Brooklyn Bowl? Dopapod is playing MMJ nights and I'd think that would be a killer after party/show to go check out. I'd guess I could easily make it in time for second set knowing MMJ ends at 9:45-10ish.. but that is factoring getting a Lyft and getting to the bowl which could take 30-45 minutes.

It says show 9 so I assume set 2 would start around 11? Just unsure if my assumption is far off based on Brooklyn bowl norms

RastaRunner5

RE: Brooklyn Bowl

Start times really vary. Thursday night shows usually end around 11 because of Bowl Train (Questlove DJ night). If show time is at 9, first set may actually not start until 9:30 or later. It's a great staff and may even be worth calling or dropping them an email.

It's open late. I've been to a handful of Bk bowl shows that have ended around midnight with another show happening after.

Cameron

Whatever happened to the Asheville rumor?

parkervb

i think Brittany being an opener at OBH pretty much cements that its not a co-headline situation this summer.
Don't you ever turn it off

Murph

I remember Jim speaking openly and adamantly about having to figure out a way to make tickets to their shows cheaper once the world opened up again.  A lot of empty words with that one, Jimbo. 
Shows on this tour were as expensive or more expensive than ever before.  I realize most of that is out of his control, but still makes him look pretty silly, imo

Cameron

I don't doubt his sincerity but it doesn't really seem feasible to do what he was talking about without support from the ticket companies and we all know that was never going to happen.

Mr. White

Got home today to find out our St. Louis tickets arrived in the mail! Cool!

I'm inching my way toward a return to concerts! Haven't been to one since 2/29/2020.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ericm

Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 25, 2021, 06:08 PMGot home today to find out our St. Louis tickets arrived in the mail! Cool!

I'm inching my way toward a return to concerts! Haven't been to one since 2/29/2020.

Very cool Mr.White.  :thumbsup:

I'm jonesing for shows too, and your news has gotten me a bit more amped for them getting close. My Charlotte ticket is a mobile one but I can't wait for the Chicago ones to arrive in my mailbox.

Enjoy your show and hopefully we'll be able to rock one together soon enough.  :beer: 
"Where's Jim going?"