Main Menu

2021 Tour

Started by SteamEngineWentWest, May 18, 2021, 10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve74

I'm hoping to score a travel package for Chicago  (not sure if it will be the vip package or regular travel package), but I need a third ticket? Any ideas? It will be myself and 2 of my kids. Anyone want to split a package so I could get a third ticket?

YimYodd

Quote from: Steve74 on May 18, 2021, 09:31 PMI'm hoping to score a travel package for Chicago  (not sure if it will be the vip package or regular travel package), but I need a third ticket? Any ideas? It will be myself and 2 of my kids. Anyone want to split a package so I could get a third ticket?

PM Sent :drum:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

BigHerm

Quote from: robb on May 18, 2021, 06:29 PM
Quote from: BigHerm on May 18, 2021, 03:05 PM"Early entry GA ticket"

Does that mean I don't have to camp outside the theatre all day? Trying to find the justification for the $2000 package

camping is like half the fun though...
😂I agree. I've already been relegated to 1 night on the rail at OBH. See you there

parkervb

after only missing one MPP show since 2010, I might have to pass on a Tuesday show since I live 4 hours away. Zeroing in on Forest Hills for 2 nights. Brittany Howard is opening right? And not a shared bill? Love her, but ya know, I need max Jacket. It will be 20 yrs since 9/11 that weekend as well.
Don't you ever turn it off

CountSA

Quote from: parkervb on May 19, 2021, 08:32 AMafter only missing one MPP show since 2010, I might have to pass on a Tuesday show since I live 4 hours away. Zeroing in on Forest Hills for 2 nights. Brittany Howard is opening right? And not a shared bill? Love her, but ya know, I need max Jacket. It will be 20 yrs since 9/11 that weekend as well.

It looks to me like Brittany is co-headlining.

ranyart

Quote from: kyle_s9 on May 18, 2021, 06:57 PM
Quote from: unravelled on May 18, 2021, 05:01 PM
Quote from: kyle_s9 on May 18, 2021, 02:28 PMAs a Canadian, I'm crying because I have no idea what kind of quarantine regulations will be in effect when the time comes.
I can't afford a 2 week quarantine when I return to Canada, so I can't commit to buying a ticket when they go on sale :(

Typically, CID packages are transferable so you could buy tix, keep your fingers crossed, and in the unlikely event that restrictions ate still in place you could probably easily sell your ticket/package for cost.

True. I guess I could get a ticket and hope I can sell if I can't go.

Here what I see on https://www.cidentertainment.com/faq/

What if I change my mind and don't want my package?
Ticket packages are non-refundable. Please refer to the Purchase Policy for complete details.

If I can't go, can I give my package to a friend?
Packages purchased are non-transferable. However, we do understand that there are certain times that you need to allow an alternative guest to pick up the package as you can no longer attend the event as planned. Packages can be eligible for an alternate pickup. Let us know who will be picking up the package by giving a few credentials and you're set. Contact our guest services team to inquire about authorizing an alternative pick-up person at guestservices@cidentertainment.com or 888-805-8930

CJ3000

Would you fine folks explain to me what the Greek Theater in Berkeley is like?  I've never seen a show there and would love to.  Is it a GA pit and GA seating?  Is there a curfew?  Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

MMJTX

Quote from: CountSA on May 19, 2021, 08:48 AM
Quote from: parkervb on May 19, 2021, 08:32 AMafter only missing one MPP show since 2010, I might have to pass on a Tuesday show since I live 4 hours away. Zeroing in on Forest Hills for 2 nights. Brittany Howard is opening right? And not a shared bill? Love her, but ya know, I need max Jacket. It will be 20 yrs since 9/11 that weekend as well.

Ya I would think they would one night Brittany opens and MMJ closes the other night they reverse it, so kind of took that trip off the board for me due to that.
Anytime

ranyart

Quote from: CJ3000 on May 19, 2021, 09:29 AMWould you fine folks explain to me what the Greek Theater in Berkeley is like?  I've never seen a show there and would love to.  Is it a GA pit and GA seating?  Is there a curfew?  Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I saw several years of epic Grateful Dead shows at the Greek back in the late 1980s, and I can tell you that it is a stunning concert venue with views through Berkeley and out across San Francisco Bay.  I clicked on a random buy tickets link from their web site and it is showing GA which is what it was when I was there.  It is in an urban setting so I'm sure there is a curfew at the usual time.

parkervb

Quote from: MMJTX on May 19, 2021, 09:49 AM
Quote from: CountSA on May 19, 2021, 08:48 AM

Ya I would think they would one night Brittany opens and MMJ closes the other night they reverse it, so kind of took that trip off the board for me due to that.

yea, the showtime being 6:30 probably means 75 minute sets from each...ugh, what to do??

Kuma

Man, I had GA tix in my cart for Queens on 9/10, but then there was no button to proceed. Lost the tix and there are no more GA available currently.  :undecided:

parkervb

Quote from: Kuma on May 19, 2021, 10:09 AMMan, I had GA tix in my cart for Queens on 9/10, but then there was no button to proceed. Lost the tix and there are no more GA available currently.  :undecided:

venue presale tomorrow at 10am. Wish there was more clarity on the performers time.

sillyboob

Quote from: ranyart on May 19, 2021, 09:57 AM
Quote from: CJ3000 on May 19, 2021, 09:29 AMWould you fine folks explain to me what the Greek Theater in Berkeley is like?  I've never seen a show there and would love to.  Is it a GA pit and GA seating?  Is there a curfew?  Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I saw several years of epic Grateful Dead shows at the Greek back in the late 1980s, and I can tell you that it is a stunning concert venue with views through Berkeley and out across San Francisco Bay.  I clicked on a random buy tickets link from their web site and it is showing GA which is what it was when I was there.  It is in an urban setting so I'm sure there is a curfew at the usual time.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, the Greek in Berkeley at that time of year is subject to substantial fire smoke.  A few years back my wife & I were at the Long Beach Airport, waiting to board our flight to Oakland to see The National at Berkeley when the email came through that because of fire smoke and danger, the shows had been postponed.  I'm pretty sure the first show was that night.  So that's definitely a possibility.

That said, I've already booked our flights to Berkeley.  Plus, my nephew will be a sophomore up there this fall, so I'm buying him a ticket too.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

mbb164

Quote from: parkervb on May 19, 2021, 10:11 AM
Quote from: Kuma on May 19, 2021, 10:09 AMMan, I had GA tix in my cart for Queens on 9/10, but then there was no button to proceed. Lost the tix and there are no more GA available currently.  :undecided:

venue presale tomorrow at 10am. Wish there was more clarity on the performers time.

I would imagine it will be pretty similar to the 2017 shows there. Gary Clark Jr. was the opener/double-bill. Show was shorter than some, but they still packed in a good show. They were very aware of the curfew and did not mess around.

Show is on archive here: https://archive.org/details/mmj2017-07-15.FM.flac16

tmz

Good luck to everyone getting to the show(s)!

WickedMessenger

These shows are great news. Is there any chance they skipped Los Angeles and San Diego because of an agreement with Ohana Fest? At least Santa Barbara Bowl is a great venue. I'd like to go out to Chicago for the three nights, but wondering if they will be adding more shows closer to San Diego.   

dookie shoot bandit

Wow! That was super stressful. Kept getting Oops alert and getting booted off. TicketMaster is awesome  :grin:

All in all it worked out though!! Row B (JIM side) for the Philly Mann Center

Good luck to everyone hope you get the ticket you wanted!  :beer:

jmoney

Tickets secured!  It was not too easy using the Live Nation app.  Kept getting application error when placing the order.  Finally worked using the website.

dookie shoot bandit

Any bets that the name of the new album is called Love & Sound!?

MMJTX

Unfortunately I won't be able to make any of these shows since I'm trying to do OBH again, but i am working on getting Dead & CO tix which first presale is happening now and mannnnn are people pissed about Ticketmaster/LiveNation sites crashing with tickets in the cart and it's an absolute nightmare, hoping yall are able to get your tix ok!
Anytime