Main Menu

2021 Tour

Started by SteamEngineWentWest, May 18, 2021, 10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on May 19, 2021, 10:47 AMAny bets that the name of the new album is called Love & Sound!?

Good call. I bet you're right.

dustinrr

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on May 19, 2021, 10:47 AMAny bets that the name of the new album is called Love & Sound!?

Hmm.

I assumed it was inspired by the Compound Fracture lyric, "There is life in love and sound,
get as much as you can keep around."

ranyart

For the first time in over two years we have tickets to see MMJ, and for the first time since their last NYE shows we have a three day run to look forward to!!!  We got exactly what we were looking for without too much pain and panic - a three night travel package for us and four presale balcony seats for Saturday for the kids.  Ticket prices were reasonable $75 for the floor and $55 for the balcony (which is what we ended up with for Saturday).

Giddy up!  :beer:

tpitch14

I'm AMPED... did really well this morning. Started out with PIT VIP @ Mann Philly, and over the moon to have picked up the VIP for the 3 night Chicago run!

MMJCOBRA

Compound Fracture  :thumbsup:

Compound fracture, gonna ring the gong
And sound the warnin' of what's to come
If we ain't careful as to where we stand
Paradise callin' on a timely death
Compound fracture, gotta set the bone
Wrap it up; let it heal on its own
Don't walk on it; give it time to rest
Can't be all action all the time
Just got to give it some time, time, oh
There's no evil; there's no good
Only people doin' as they should
There is life and love and sound
Get as much as you can keep around
'Fore they put you into the ground
For who knows how long
How long
I know you're young; that's the time to love
If we're too soft on you, you will get burned
Fill your skull with what you want
Can't be all action all the time
Just got to give it some time, time, oh
There's no evil; there's no good
Only people doin' as they should
Oh, as they should in the light of day
Go on, the devil were made up anyway
But their meanin' so real and so plain
There is life and love and sound
Get as much as you can keep around
'Fore they put you into the ground
For who knows how long
How long (ooh)
For who knows how long
How long
'Til the next go 'round
'Til the next go 'round (

rab7607

Am I wrong or is this presale for the VIP Love and Sound packages only? The only shows I think I can make are Seattle, but looking at all the others available during the presale, they only showed the package available?

On the Seattle Ticketmaster page, it shows VIP Package Presale May 19 and General Onsale May 21.

tpitch14

Quote from: rab7607 on May 19, 2021, 12:24 PMAm I wrong or is this presale for the VIP Love and Sound packages only? The only shows I think I can make are Seattle, but looking at all the others available during the presale, they only showed the package available?

On the Seattle Ticketmaster page, it shows VIP Package Presale May 19 and General Onsale May 21.
In Philly I saw presale options for everything, even lawn

walterfredo

Quote from: CJ3000 on May 19, 2021, 09:29 AMWould you fine folks explain to me what the Greek Theater in Berkeley is like?  I've never seen a show there and would love to.  Is it a GA pit and GA seating?  Is there a curfew?  Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I've probably seen 50 shows at the berkeley greek, it is typically entirely GA. Although occasionally they do assigned, but I would be highly surprised if it isn't entirely GA, and there is no seating chart in the link, so GA is likely. AMAZING place to see shows. I think there is a curfew but I think it's 11 maybe, not 10 pm like the SB Bowl and the venue in Bend

Kuma

Was anyone able to grab anything for Santa Barbara? Seems to have been totally sold out at 10AM local.

Shug

Quote from: Kuma on May 19, 2021, 01:04 PMWas anyone able to grab anything for Santa Barbara? Seems to have been totally sold out at 10AM local.

I was only able to get 2 reserved tix, no GA pit for me.

I got completely skunked for New Orleans.

Hafta try in the general onsale on Fri for NOLA Halloween!

Its surreal to be going through the ticket buying process again after this long layoff and crazy to think its been since 2015 that I last saw Jacket, holy shit!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

iLikeBeer

Any chance they add more dates?  Seems pretty west coast heavy.  Lexington is the closest show to me.  Hopefully we get some more midwest dates added!  :beer:

eleaf14

seems like bots got ahold of both of the CA shows. at least compared to east coast stuff earlier today.

gardenparty

still trying for SB.  nothing yet.  ughh

mb34

Is VIP worth it for the Greek? An extra $150 per ticket for a backpack and early entry seems steep, especially when there doesn't appear to be a bad seat in the house (and I don't mind showing up early for regular doors).

Anyone have thoughts on this? It's my birthday week show but thinking I can save some of that cash for OBH.

ranyart

I just took a quick peek at StubHub and there are already tons of MMJ tickets available mostly at least 2x the original purchase price. :angry:

walterfredo

Quote from: mb34 on May 19, 2021, 01:38 PMIs VIP worth it for the Greek? An extra $150 per ticket for a backpack and early entry seems steep, especially when there doesn't appear to be a bad seat in the house (and I don't mind showing up early for regular doors).

Anyone have thoughts on this? It's my birthday week show but thinking I can save some of that cash for OBH.

seems steep. that said a friend accidentally bought these for us on my card and now I'm stuck trying to resolve

Woody

Quote from: mbb164 on May 19, 2021, 10:23 AM
Quote from: parkervb on May 19, 2021, 10:11 AM
Quote from: Kuma on May 19, 2021, 10:09 AMMan, I had GA tix in my cart for Queens on 9/10, but then there was no button to proceed. Lost the tix and there are no more GA available currently.  :undecided:

venue presale tomorrow at 10am. Wish there was more clarity on the performers time.

I would imagine it will be pretty similar to the 2017 shows there. Gary Clark Jr. was the opener/double-bill. Show was shorter than some, but they still packed in a good show. They were very aware of the curfew and did not mess around.

Show is on archive here: https://archive.org/details/mmj2017-07-15.FM.flac16

I hope you're right. I just notied this when I went to purchase tickets. I went to the 2017 show but can't recall how it was billed. I need a full plate of Jacket, not a side dish.

Cameron

Looks like we'll find out about ACL tomorrow. 

sillyboob

Quote from: sillyboob on May 19, 2021, 10:14 AM
Quote from: ranyart on May 19, 2021, 09:57 AM
Quote from: CJ3000 on May 19, 2021, 09:29 AMWould you fine folks explain to me what the Greek Theater in Berkeley is like?  I've never seen a show there and would love to.  Is it a GA pit and GA seating?  Is there a curfew?  Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I saw several years of epic Grateful Dead shows at the Greek back in the late 1980s, and I can tell you that it is a stunning concert venue with views through Berkeley and out across San Francisco Bay.  I clicked on a random buy tickets link from their web site and it is showing GA which is what it was when I was there.  It is in an urban setting so I'm sure there is a curfew at the usual time.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, the Greek in Berkeley at that time of year is subject to substantial fire smoke.  A few years back my wife & I were at the Long Beach Airport, waiting to board our flight to Oakland to see The National at Berkeley when the email came through that because of fire smoke and danger, the shows had been postponed.  I'm pretty sure the first show was that night.  So that's definitely a possibility.

That said, I've already booked our flights to Berkeley.  Plus, my nephew will be a sophomore up there this fall, so I'm buying him a ticket too.
Quote from: WickedMessenger on May 19, 2021, 10:32 AMThese shows are great news. Is there any chance they skipped Los Angeles and San Diego because of an agreement with Ohana Fest? At least Santa Barbara Bowl is a great venue. I'd like to go out to Chicago for the three nights, but wondering if they will be adding more shows closer to San Diego.   

I'd think Ohana is the reason no LA or San Diego shows were announced.  Seems likely.  Now I wonder if those shows will get added at a later date?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

sillyboob

I wasn't able to get tickets for New Orleans, but I did score three GA tickets for Berkeley.  Now let's hope the fire Gods smile on us and there's not threats of fire and brimstone around the show.  Three years back my wife & I were at the Greek Berkeley to see The National on September 24 & 25th, beautiful nights.  Fingers crossed.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.