• Welcome to My Morning Jacket Forum. Please login or sign up.

Roll Call - Forest Hills

Started by parkervb, Jun 16, 2021, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountSA

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Sep 05, 2021, 01:47 PM
Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Sep 04, 2021, 10:50 PMThough I'd absolutely love to be wrong and see them really play long. I just assume it'll be two nights of 90+ min sets.


Aaaaaaaaand just like that - MMJ tweeted that Forest hills extended their curfew. Still an 8:30 start time but that's awesome news.

Boom!

searchinbig

1. parkervb +1 (both evenings)
2. MPP +1 (9/11)
3. JackD +1 (9/10 floor, 9/11 Sec.201)
4. CountSA +2 (both shows)
5. Woody +7 (9/11) - Maybe for 9/10
6. itrainmonkeys (both)
7. tdb810 + 8bobbyb - 9/10 floor
8. dcfire (both nights)
9. Searchinbig +2

Any pre show meet ups?? I am on no social media so just asking!!


"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

parkervb

i'm not on FB and there isn't really a "Jacket Twitter" like Phish Twitter so I am wondering same thing.

My flight lands pretty early on Friday. I was thinking of stopping by the US Open site and then heading towards FH. Would be down for a meet up.

ericm - I know you're not going but you're also a man of knowledge, where are some spots with outdoor seating or patio near FH?
Don't you ever turn it off

tdb810

Hey!

There are a number of cute spots right outside the stadium.  In 2019, I believe we met up at Austin Public or Forest Hills Station House.  Keep in mind, the Mets are playing at home AND the US Open is going on, so DO NOT DRIVE! 

I would definitely try to stop in for a meet up if one is happening!
.....Back at the Model Home

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 08, 2021, 10:38 AMericm - I know you're not going but you're also a man of knowledge, where are some spots with outdoor seating or patio near FH?

What Trish says.  :thumbsup:

I know you said you're flying in but 100% agree with Trish about not driving to the venue. It's a PITA, and parking isn't fun either. Not sure what airport you're coming into but if there's a way to either subway or LIRR from there, that's the way to go.

Every time I've been there we took the LIRR out of Penn Station NYC. Easy peasy and not hard on the wallet either. The LIRR FH train stop is right there outside the venue and pretty much in the center of the pre show meet up spots. It's a really cool little area of the town and several places to pre/post show hang.

If you were flying into Newark and renting a car, I'd pass on the car and take a NJ Transit train into NYC Penn and LIRR from there.

Also once you get inside the grounds there's a lot of room to hang out in the open air. Plenty of food and drink options and places to just lounge and enjoy the atmosphere.

Enjoy the shows and all the great tri state fans that'll be rocking with you. Sorry to miss this but I'll be streaming and rocking with you all in spirit. :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

parkervb

excellent info! Yes, I fly in tomorrow morning at 8:30 to LGA. Looks like I can grab a bus to the train station on 65 St and take the E Line to Forest Hills stop. I was thinking of killing time by stopping by the US Open area but wasn't sure if there was a public grounds that didn't require a ticket. I got a buddy from CT coming down for the shows and I'm staying with him so I will be sure to talk with him on the commute plans.
Don't you ever turn it off

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 09, 2021, 09:19 AMexcellent info! Yes, I fly in tomorrow morning at 8:30 to LGA. Looks like I can grab a bus to the train station on 65 St and take the E Line to Forest Hills stop. I was thinking of killing time by stopping by the US Open area but wasn't sure if there was a public grounds that didn't require a ticket. I got a buddy from CT coming down for the shows and I'm staying with him so I will be sure to talk with him on the commute plans.

There ya go, sounds like you're all set.  :thumbsup:

I don't know much about the Ashe Tennis Center so can't help you out there but here's a couple more subway trains in addition to the E you can take to 71 st in FH:

F - (orange circle) - Queens Blvd Express/ 6th ave local
F - (orange diamond) - Brooklyn Express
M - Queens Blvd local/6th ave local
R - Broadway local

All of these stop at 71st and about a 10 minute walk to the venue. If there's a LIRR stop near where you're staying, that's the way to go IMO. Even though a little bit more money than a subway, the stop is pretty much right at the venue. You walk down the stairs to street level and you're there.
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

this is so sick soexcited to watch the stream (already ordered)....we are looking at about 2 hours and 30-40 minutes, but knowing Forest Hills maybe just 2 hrs and 20. Either way, the band should've started at 8, given themselves a bit more leeway. I don't like when performances have a clock on everything, that's why these curfews fucking suckkkkkkkk!!!
Anyway here's my kinda dream setlist of weird:

I WILL SING YOU SONGS >
IT BEATS 4 U  >
THE DARK  >
EVIL URGES >
ALUMINUM PARK >
REGULAR SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING
HEARTBREAKIN MAN
IN COLOR >
THE DEVIL'S IN THE DETAILS >
THEY RAN >
SLOW SLOW TUNE >
DONDANTE >
WHERE TO BEGIN
SOONER
RUN IT
DANCEFLOORS >
EASY MORNING REBEL >
GRAB A BODY / RUN THRU (END OF) >
COBRA (3/4)
WASTED >
LAY LOW >
----------------
FEEL YOU >
STEAM ENGINE >
PHONE WENT WEST >
OBH

(there's no way they'll do this but my god would it be cool? hard to pick these set lists because of the new song factor)



MMJ: 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17 (JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

I think you guys are going to get at least one and maybe more ode to NYC covers on 9/11.

I have no idea right now what they'd be, and will give it some thought but after reading that JJ interview I think it's a given they'll do something.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jeff Blauser

I ordered 4 tickets for the Sep 11 show on May 19 using the "Runit" presale. Only option to receive them was physical delivery via TicketsToday. I still have not received them and am pretty worried. Got a confirmation email they were mailed on Sep 1 but never came. I tried contacting ticketstoday@customerservice.com three times this week, tweeted at them and the band, called their 1-800 number that is now out of service, and nothing back.

Do you all know if I will be able to get these at Will Call with my order number and credit card? I was going to go to the box office in person to find out on Friday (tomorrow). I'm posting here because have gotten zero feedback or help elsewhere. Any advice or knowledge would be helpful, have seen MMJ about 10 times before and have never had this issue!

itrainmonkeys

Does Brittany come out and sing "It Makes No Difference" at these shows? Or maybe a different song/cover?  No way she doesn't guest, right?

mdgsolo

Quote from: Jeff Blauser on Sep 09, 2021, 10:55 PMI ordered 4 tickets for the Sep 11 show on May 19 using the "Runit" presale. Only option to receive them was physical delivery via TicketsToday. I still have not received them and am pretty worried. Got a confirmation email they were mailed on Sep 1 but never came. I tried contacting ticketstoday@customerservice.com three times this week, tweeted at them and the band, called their 1-800 number that is now out of service, and nothing back.

Do you all know if I will be able to get these at Will Call with my order number and credit card? I was going to go to the box office in person to find out on Friday (tomorrow). I'm posting here because have gotten zero feedback or help elsewhere. Any advice or knowledge would be helpful, have seen MMJ about 10 times before and have never had this issue!

That's super alarming, Jeff.  It sounds like the tickets need to be mailed way earlier with all of the problems that mail is having right now.  Hope Will Call has them for you!

Jeff Blauser

I know, very bummed! I did finally hear back from ticketstoday after filing a complaint w/ BBB last night. They marked the tickets as "lost in transit" and I have to get them on day of show. Honestly not ideal bc still not in hand until right before the show, but should it work out. Very excited for the gig! Weather looks perfect!

mdgsolo

Quote from: Jeff Blauser on Sep 10, 2021, 12:50 PMI know, very bummed! I did finally hear back from ticketstoday after filing a complaint w/ BBB last night. They marked the tickets as "lost in transit" and I have to get them on day of show. Honestly not ideal bc still not in hand until right before the show, but should it work out. Very excited for the gig! Weather looks perfect!

Great to hear you have a resolution!  Have a great show(s)!

AKS

Made the call late yesterday to book a flight and a hotel and fly out from Michigan and catch both these shows! I just did not want to miss these Forest Hills dates! Going solo to a Jacket show for the first time, too! Couldn't rally the crew to pack up and spend more nights in a hotel room! Should be interesting! Stoked to see what they have in store for us!

Are we expecting Brittany right at 6:30...

parkervb

Leaving WTC soon to head to Queens. What's good on a meetup? I'm likely gonna grab 1-2 bevs nearby and head in early I think.
Don't you ever turn it off

Woody

Quote from: AKS on Sep 10, 2021, 02:38 PMMade the call late yesterday to book a flight and a hotel and fly out from Michigan and catch both these shows! I just did not want to miss these Forest Hills dates! Going solo to a Jacket show for the first time, too! Couldn't rally the crew to pack up and spend more nights in a hotel room! Should be interesting! Stoked to see what they have in store for us!

Are we expecting Brittany right at 6:30...

I saw that she posted on Facebook that she is coming on promptly at 7 for Merriweather, Philly and FH. However we all know how that turned out for Merriweather and Philly.

parkervb

Getting a beer at Station House. In a shirt that says OZZIE. So say hi if you're coming through.
Don't you ever turn it off

RastaRunner5

1. parkervb +1 (both evenings)
2. MPP +1 (9/11)
3. JackD +1 (9/10 floor, 9/11 Sec.201)
4. CountSA +2 (both shows)
5. Woody +7 (9/11) - Maybe for 9/10
6. itrainmonkeys (both)
7. tdb810 + 8bobbyb - 9/10 floor
8. dcfire (both nights)
9. Searchinbig +2
10. RastaRunner5 & Friends both nights!! Had a blast in B'More and can't wait for tonight.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off