Any 2021 New Year’s Run Rumors?

Started by Varitek, Jun 18, 2021, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varitek

I had hoped this day would come yet I am woefully unprepared. Travel package? Ticket package? Not sure what direction to take. I am fortunate to not be too concerned about cost at the moment. Anyone care to share their experiences with CID packages in the past?
"Did he just put on a cape?"

ranyart

KABOOM!!!

The CID Entertainment packages are good.  Last time around we did the travel package with a hotel room and bus to and from the venue and it worked out great.  See y'all in Denver!

Varitek

Right on ranyart, see ya in Denver

ranyart

I looked into the venue and travel packages and looks like Mission Ballroom is an interesting place.  Balcony seats are off to the side and GA has two parts from what I can tell - floor and a riser toward the back of the room with tiered steps to improve sightlines from the back of the house.  Their description says the balcony seats have great viewing but I sure was hoping they were in a more traditional location.  We will probably go for balcony just to get a seat if we want it.

Hotel Monaco looks like good fun too, so we'll probably be aiming for a full CID travel package tomorrow.

Stoked!!!

Varitek

Thanks for the info. I am headed in the same direction, will probably try for that as well.  Very excited

kyle_s9

Anybody know CID's policy on cancellation due to travel restrictions?

I'll be coming from Canada, and I'm looking to buy a travel package, but I'm worried about what travel policies will be in place come December.

I plan on calling them when they open, but has anyone inquired about this?

ericm

Quote from: kyle_s9 on Aug 04, 2021, 09:09 AMAnybody know CID's policy on cancellation due to travel restrictions?

I'll be coming from Canada, and I'm looking to buy a travel package, but I'm worried about what travel policies will be in place come December.

I plan on calling them when they open, but has anyone inquired about this?

I don't know about a cancellation policy but I know they're pretty good about transferring a VIP package to someone else.

I purchased a couple that way before from people who ended up not being able to go. A couple of little hoops to jump through but nothing major or hard to do.
"Where's Jim going?"

ranyart

https://www.cidentertainment.com/faq/

According to this ticket packages purchased from CID are non-refundable but like ericm says there is a process to transfer them if necessary.

It's almost NYE ticket time!  Good luck to everyone...

ranyart

Well we're in the door with a travel package and reserved balcony seats (West AA 3&4), but single king rooms were not available for whatever reason so the only choice was two doubles.  We are coming in a night early on the 28th so hopefully we can get a good room then and keep it.  Interestingly king rooms were available with other packages when I checked after the purchase.  It's always something!

Dondantesinferno

We didn't buy the VIP travel package but just the VIP ticket package. If you are flying in I know there are good values right now on Booking.com for the 28th. We are staying at the Aloft in Broomfield all four nights. A bit more of a drive than the Monaco was but the rate was under 300 for four nights and we had a good experience when we stayed there at the MMJ NYE shows in 2017. Just thought I'd share!  :thumbsup:

MPP

Is it just me not getting in, or does it appear the pre sale for non-VIP or Package tickets doesn't start until tomorrow Aug 5, 10am local?  I see a couple of you got VIP 3 day packages, or the Travel Package, but wondering if anyone was able to buy a standard ticket.  To any night.

Website clearly says regular and VIP/Package were on sale this morning, Aug 4, at 10am with the presale code.  But AXS shows the pre sale starting in 23 hours

DirtyPancho

Quote from: MPP on Aug 04, 2021, 01:04 PMIs it just me not getting in, or does it appear the pre sale for non-VIP or Package tickets doesn't start until tomorrow Aug 5, 10am local?  I see a couple of you got VIP 3 day packages, or the Travel Package, but wondering if anyone was able to buy a standard ticket.  To any night.

Website clearly says regular and VIP/Package were on sale this morning, Aug 4, at 10am with the presale code.  But AXS shows the pre sale starting in 23 hours

There was definitely a presale this morning for standard individual night tickets. We scored 2 tickets for Thursday but had no luck for Wednesday/Friday. Is there another presale through AXS tomorrow? If so, does anyone have the presale code?

ranyart

It sure does look like AXS is going to have another presale that starts tomorrow...

https://www.axs.com/events/410020/my-morning-jacket-tickets

I would think it has the same presale code that was valid for today.

DirtyPancho

Just received an email from AEG for tomorrow's presale. Code is MAGHEETAH

Varitek

Hope things works out for everyone

ranyart, I will be sitting next to you

Cheers

MPP

Thanks for the feedback DirtyPancho, ranyart and Veritek. 

Seems like there was about 88 regular tickets up for sale today for each night  :rolleyes:

It's the NYE date that I expect may be harder to snag. I'm thinking the first two nights will be available to grab even on Friday. I'm also presuming tomorrow's presale will be as limited as today's.

Anyone know the capacity at Mission?  Looks Anthem-sized, which would be 5-6,000.

ericm

Quote from: MPP on Aug 04, 2021, 03:32 PMThanks for the feedback DirtyPancho, ranyart and Veritek. 

Seems like there was about 88 regular tickets up for sale today for each night  :rolleyes:

It's the NYE date that I expect may be harder to snag. I'm thinking the first two nights will be available to grab even on Friday. I'm also presuming tomorrow's presale will be as limited as today's.

Anyone know the capacity at Mission?  Looks Anthem-sized, which would be 5-6,000.

It's smaller than that. I saw it as depending on the show setup it's anywhere from 2,200 - 3,950. I'm gonna assume MMJ will be on the closer to 3,950 side.
"Where's Jim going?"

MPP

It's smaller than that. I saw it as depending on the show setup it's anywhere from 2,200 - 3,950. I'm gonna assume MMJ will be on the closer to 3,950 side.

Thanks ericm.  And yikes  :shocked:

ranyart

Looking forward to meeting you Varitek, and love your sig.  Charlie don't surf!!!

Looks like the two GA travel packages still have some availability but everything else is gone.  Good luck to everyone tomorrow and Friday.  3950 is what I see as max capacity too and while Mission Ballroom is new and looks like a great place to hear live music it does make me wonder why MMJ didn't return to 1st Bank Center with its much larger capacity.

Zutroy

Quote from: ranyart on Aug 04, 2021, 05:46 PMGood luck to everyone tomorrow and Friday.  3950 is what I see as max capacity too and while Mission Ballroom is new and looks like a great place to hear live music it does make me wonder why MMJ didn't return to 1st Bank Center with its much larger capacity.

They didn't come anywhere close to selling out 1st Bank NYE2017 (I was there) and they have only played 7 shows since then. That's why. Much better for the energy to have a full venue with people who are thrilled to be there. That's why. And I'm sure the rent at 1st bank is higher too.