New Record Announcement 8/24???

Started by Cameron, Aug 20, 2021, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 23, 2021, 08:08 AMGuys I don't even know if I can handle this right now.
First true MMJ album in a long ace time (yes I consider Waterfall 2 an album, but it is part of waterfall and of a different era).

RobRoy286

Quote from: Nikkogino on Aug 23, 2021, 08:19 AM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 23, 2021, 08:08 AMGuys I don't even know if I can handle this right now.
First true MMJ album in a long ace time (yes I consider Waterfall 2 an album, but it is part of waterfall and of a different era).
Might ruffle some feathers with this terminology - but this is the first album of Jacket 3.0  :cheesy:  :drum:

Nikkogino

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 23, 2021, 12:43 PM
Might ruffle some feathers with this terminology - but this is the first album of Jacket 3.0  :cheesy:  :drum:
Haha that's why I preemptively added those parentheses.  WF2 definitely is an album and I love it.  I guess what I mean is that it was recorded during the first WF sessions, so is more of an extension of a 2015 album.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Nikkogino on Aug 23, 2021, 12:47 PM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 23, 2021, 12:43 PM
Haha that's why I preemptively added those parentheses.  WF2 definitely is an album and I love it.  I guess what I mean is that it was recorded during the first WF sessions, so is more of an extension of a 2015 album.
Yup - Waterfall was definitely the end of a phase. Jim is on record saying there's been a rebirth of sorts. You don't have to be an insider to see the difference in energy after Jim took some time off from MMJ. Came back, ditched the coat and sunglasses (and shoes), and now ready to start the next phase. I'm so excited.

Clarkwork

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: Stevie on Aug 22, 2021, 10:18 AM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Aug 21, 2021, 11:15 PMYeayuhhhhhhhhh! #MambaMentality 8/24

Speaking of Mamba Mentality, that release date would be just a couple days after the Bucks home opener against Brooklyn where they will be raising that championship banner.  That will be a nice couple days, for me at least.   :cool:

Tight! Congrats man
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Pineapple

The more I think about it... the more I think they drop the whole album tomorrow, digitally, and release it physically Oct 22. These cryptic videos are very similar to the teasers they put out last summer before dropping WFII out of nowhere... plus it would make much more sense to release an album right before the tour than in the middle of it. I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight!
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

Lucius

I was always skeptical of albums being 'surprise' released but man, getting The Waterfall II in one single bitchslap last year was something special and I'd be all in for that with any future release. However, I think if this was the case they'd be teasing more than just this one song, right? What did TWII teasers consist of, I remember Feel You and Wasted?
it wouldn't be a party without you

CountSA

I guess I need to stay up until midnight just in case it drops right at 12:01 EST (and subsequently listen to it 10x's in a row).

robb

having had a chance to hear it early, i will be shocked if the show in charlotte opens with anything other than this tune. it's good. it's relevant. i think people are going to be happy.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Nikkogino

Quote from: robb on Aug 23, 2021, 09:54 PMhaving had a chance to hear it early, i will be shocked if the show in charlotte opens with anything other than this tune. it's good. it's relevant. i think people are going to be happy.
Cool, so it's a single with album announcement and not the whole album? 

robb

Quote from: Nikkogino on Aug 23, 2021, 10:26 PM
Quote from: robb on Aug 23, 2021, 09:54 PMhaving had a chance to hear it early, i will be shocked if the show in charlotte opens with anything other than this tune. it's good. it's relevant. i think people are going to be happy.
Cool, so it's a single with album announcement and not the whole album? 

i don't know for sure one way or the other, but it'll be at least a single.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

hoojack

Quote from: CountSA on Aug 23, 2021, 08:33 PMI guess I need to stay up until midnight just in case it drops right at 12:01 EST (and subsequently listen to it 10x's in a row).

12:01 sharp

https://open.spotify.com/track/4nisD89W5uMk93AMUEgkey?si=T5C6qsONQxq7hYHPx43S0w&dl_branch=1

searchinbig

WHOOMP!! There it is!!! Pre ordered and euphoric!!!  :headphones:

https://www.mymorningjacket.com/
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

ok the video (a legit music video!) kinda has got me pumped on a different level than just listening to the track this AM.

parkervb

Tracklist:

Regularly Scheduled Programming
Love Love Love
In Color
Least Expected
Never In The Real World
The Devil's In The Details
Lucky To Be Alive
Complex
Out Of Range, Pt. 2
Penny For Your Thoughts
I Never Could Get Enough

subinai

album art looks awesome. can see RSP being the opener on the upcoming tour.

parkervb

the album art does look awesome. I am assuming the circular poster in the deluxe LP is of the album art.

RobRoy286