New Record Announcement 8/24???

Started by Cameron, Aug 20, 2021, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come Closer

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 24, 2021, 09:08 AMok the video (a legit music video!) kinda has got me pumped on a different level than just listening to the track this AM.
Same. Listening to the song didn't do much for me, but a thoughtful video changes things. Still don't love it, but between the video and finding out it's the opener there's more optimism.

Not a fan of the album cover, looks like the kinda cheese one of these 2010s psych pop bands would have b/c it's totally psychedelic dude. But everything is kinda played with artwork in this day and age.

Lucius

The album cover would look a lot better with a black or darker background. I don't know why but I always feel like whites/creams are kind of lame. It doesn't look like a MMJ cover but I don't hate it. The titles are intriguing too in that they don't sound like MMJ titles. These aren't complaints. Just an observation! Like I said I'm intrigued!
it wouldn't be a party without you

Varitek

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 24, 2021, 09:08 AMok the video (a legit music video!) kinda has got me pumped on a different level than just listening to the track this AM.

Same here. I can't remember the last time I heard a song for the first time in a video.
"Did he just put on a cape?"

SciFidelity

Looks like there will be a limited Indie Store exclusive orange vinyl version of the album.

https://www.guestroomrecordslouisville.com/preorders/my-morning-jacket-self-titled
06/17/23, 06/23/23, 06/24/23, 08/20/23, 11/07/23, 11/09/23, 11/10/23, 11/11/2023

dookie shoot bandit

Apple Music has the album at 61 minutes. This is intriguing to me. First song at almost 4 minutes, leaves 57 minutes for the next 10 songs (Average of almost 6 minutes per song). This is their longest album to date, with how many songs on the album. I'm sure there will be other shorter songs on there, which leaves me to think, that there will most likely be  1 or 2 epics on here (PWW/Dondante)!!!!

crooney

Does anyone think that someone in the band or in its circle posted that 10 min remix of the new song on soundcloud.  First post by 'Owl' who posted the link this morning.  I know Jim has posted in the past remixes he did of some Floating Action songs.

The 'Midnight Blazer' remix is pretty sweet. 

parkervb

look at these handsome, smiling faces! looks fairly recent to the music video with Tom's long hair back
Don't you ever turn it off

slappymoe

Quote from: SciFidelity on Aug 24, 2021, 10:45 AMLooks like there will be a limited Indie Store exclusive orange vinyl version of the album.

https://www.guestroomrecordslouisville.com/preorders/my-morning-jacket-self-titled
possibly stupid question: can one expect a digital download to be included with vinyl purchase?  Is that standard procedure these days? Called guestroom records and they had no solid answer.

rkwedge

QuoteLooks like there will be a limited Indie Store exclusive orange vinyl version of the album.

possibly stupid question: can one expect a digital download to be included with vinyl purchase?  Is that standard procedure these days? Called guestroom records and they had no solid answer.
Here's what ATO's website says:

MY MORNING JACKET
Self-Titled New Studio Album Out 10/22/21
CD, LP & Exclusive 2xLP 180-Gram Deluxe Colored Vinyl
Pre-order Now, Shipping 10/15/21

DELUXE INCLUDES
2xLP's on 180-gram vinyl
"Ghostly" blue and orange colored vinyl
Deluxe gatefold foil jacket with artwork by Robert Beatty
24" x 24" circular fold-out album art poster
Custom inner-sleeves with lyrics
*Exclusive to ATO/MMJ online shops
Digital download
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ChiefOKONO

looked it up on apple music and it has the track times.  some long songs there :)

one is over 9 minutes!!!!

Very exciting!

Mr. White

Quote from: SciFidelity on Aug 24, 2021, 10:45 AMLooks like there will be a limited Indie Store exclusive orange vinyl version of the album.

I had this version and the band's official 180 gm version in the checkout phase and decided to give my money to Guestroom Records in Louisville. After the $5 shipping, it cost $36.78.

I'll probably also get it on Bandcamp later on.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

slappymoe

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 24, 2021, 12:59 PM

I had this version and the band's official 180 gm version in the checkout phase and decided to give my money to Guestroom Records in Louisville. After the $5 shipping, it cost $36.78.

do you know if the indie store version comes with a digital download? Can't imagine it doesn't, but not buying until I'm 100% sure.

slappymoe

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 24, 2021, 12:25 PM
QuoteLooks like there will be a limited Indie Store exclusive orange vinyl version of the album.

Here's what ATO's website says:

MY MORNING JACKET
Self-Titled New Studio Album Out 10/22/21
CD, LP & Exclusive 2xLP 180-Gram Deluxe Colored Vinyl
Pre-order Now, Shipping 10/15/21

DELUXE INCLUDES
2xLP's on 180-gram vinyl
"Ghostly" blue and orange colored vinyl
Deluxe gatefold foil jacket with artwork by Robert Beatty
24" x 24" circular fold-out album art poster
Custom inner-sleeves with lyrics
*Exclusive to ATO/MMJ online shops
Digital download
I should have been more specific. Referring only to the indie store release.

SciFidelity

Quote from: slappymoe on Aug 24, 2021, 01:08 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 24, 2021, 12:59 PM

do you know if the indie store version comes with a digital download? Can't imagine it doesn't, but not buying until I'm 100% sure.

I'm not for sure certain if this version comes with the digital download, but every other retailer I've looked up with an exclusive has one. I imagine every variant has it.
06/17/23, 06/23/23, 06/24/23, 08/20/23, 11/07/23, 11/09/23, 11/10/23, 11/11/2023

MMJCOBRA

ChiefOKONO

My Morning Jacket proudly announce the upcoming release of their Self-Titled ninth studio album. The band's first new music since 2015's The Waterfall, My Morning Jacket reaffirms the rarefied magic that's made My Morning Jacket so beloved, embedding every groove with moments of discovery, revelation, and ecstatic catharsis. Produced and engineered by James over two multi-week sessions at Los Angeles, CA's 64 Sound, the album came to life after what looked like a permanent hiatus for the band. - but after performing four shows in summer 2019, beginning with two mind-blowing nights at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, My Morning Jacket was overcome with the urge to carry on.

That sense of purpose can be heard throughout the thrillingly expansive My Morning Jacket. For all its unbridled joy, songs like "Regularly Scheduled Programming" and the otherworldly, album-closing "I Never Could Get Enough" once again reveal My Morning Jacket's hunger for exploring the most nuanced and layered existential questions in song form while simultaneously harnessing the hypnotic intensity of their legendary live show more fully than ever before.

My Morning Jacket arrives Friday, October 22 on all DSPs and in various physical formats, including CD, LP and deluxe edition 2xLP colored vinyl (exclusive to ATO & MMJ online stores); Pre-order now.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Aug 24, 2021, 11:03 AMApple Music has the album at 61 minutes. This is intriguing to me. First song at almost 4 minutes, leaves 57 minutes for the next 10 songs (Average of almost 6 minutes per song). This is their longest album to date, with how many songs on the album. I'm sure there will be other shorter songs on there, which leaves me to think, that there will most likely be  1 or 2 epics on here (PWW/Dondante)!!!!

As also posted below... the times of the songs are on Apple.

In Color - 7:20
The Devils in the Details - 9:09 (!!!!)
I Never Could Get Enough - 8:16

This is gonna be good!!!! 10/22 couldn't come soon enough!  :beer:

CountSA

It's surprising that they acknowledged the rumors that they were close to breaking up.

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Aug 24, 2021, 01:22 PMMy Morning Jacket proudly announce the upcoming release of their Self-Titled ninth studio album. The band's first new music since 2015's The Waterfall, My Morning Jacket reaffirms the rarefied magic that's made My Morning Jacket so beloved, embedding every groove with moments of discovery, revelation, and ecstatic catharsis. Produced and engineered by James over two multi-week sessions at Los Angeles, CA's 64 Sound, the album came to life after what looked like a permanent hiatus for the band. - but after performing four shows in summer 2019, beginning with two mind-blowing nights at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, My Morning Jacket was overcome with the urge to carry on.

That sense of purpose can be heard throughout the thrillingly expansive My Morning Jacket. For all its unbridled joy, songs like "Regularly Scheduled Programming" and the otherworldly, album-closing "I Never Could Get Enough" once again reveal My Morning Jacket's hunger for exploring the most nuanced and layered existential questions in song form while simultaneously harnessing the hypnotic intensity of their legendary live show more fully than ever before.

My Morning Jacket arrives Friday, October 22 on all DSPs and in various physical formats, including CD, LP and deluxe edition 2xLP colored vinyl (exclusive to ATO & MMJ online stores); Pre-order now.

ChiefOKONO

I agree. I do think that if they did take a break at the time, it would have lasted a few years and they would have come back with a vengeance !

I couldn't resist preordering today!  :D

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off