Main Menu

Complex

Started by shumatec1012, Oct 14, 2021, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shumatec1012

Hey guys, there has been talk of this song being released overseas- here's a link to the song being advertised as part of the NHL soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1WxPJxx6Dc

Thoughts: sounds like an outtake from Uniform Distortion- def a garage band feel- could be a fun song live I suppose.

MOWJO8185

I definitely understand the Uniform Distortion comparisons in the vocals in particular. I, for one, loved Uniform Distortion, and think this sounds delightful.

RobRoy286

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Oct 14, 2021, 12:08 PMI definitely understand the Uniform Distortion comparisons in the vocals in particular. I, for one, loved Uniform Distortion, and think this sounds delightful.
Right there with ya!

Jim was kinda into that vocal/synth sound for a few years there, I for one am very excited for this guitar-heavy garage rock sound. Gonna be a lot of fun live.

dookie shoot bandit

Definitely agree on all the Uniform Distortion comparisons as well.
(And likewise in a good way)

Nikkogino

This isn't necessarily the "brand" of jacket I prefer, but I feel like this will be the kind of track that'll be a welcome change of pace. 

Cameron

I thought I was listening to Ween on the last 20 seconds! :grin:

RobRoy286

I thought the beginning reminded me of the Lucky to Be Alive ending. Sure enough, they're consecutive tracks. Should be a cool transition.

Nikkogino

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Oct 15, 2021, 10:41 AMI thought the beginning reminded me of the Lucky to Be Alive ending. Sure enough, they're consecutive tracks. Should be a cool transition.
Good catch...it'd be cool if it felt like a little medley.

Lucius

One of my favourite things about Circuital is the way some of the songs segue into each other. More of that wouldn't be a problem!
it wouldn't be a party without you

Nikkogino

Here I am saying Complex is just okay, and then singing the song over and over all day.  It's basically Remnants mixed with Uniform Distortion and that's a good thing.

MMJCOBRA

Broke down and listened to Complex. Wow, I love it. Three very diverse lead tracks.

I think we're in for a classic album that showcases yet another new dimension for My Morning Jacket!!

parkervb

very Raconteurs-ish.
Don't you ever turn it off

Jackets N Pones

Loving Complex so far. Thought it was gonna be a Goldeneye tribute but I'll take it... :wink:

https://goldeneye.fandom.com/wiki/Complex#:~:text=The%20Complex,the%20level%20you%20start%20on.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire