Birmingham free webcast

Started by rkwedge, Oct 21, 2021, 08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dookie shoot bandit

What a great show! So appreciative that they streamed it. My wife kids and dog had a blast watching from home.
Great set!
Amazing Dance-floors (wow!)
Loved seeing Never in the Real World (will continue to get better and better live)
Enjoyed the suspense of what they were gonna close with. Was thinking to myself during the encore... ok... they played mahgeetah, dancefloors, touch me 2, obh... maybe wasted? Nope! started another song...
Off the Record to close? Never what have thunk it. But thought it worked well.
They still had 5 minutes on the clock that was sitting by Bo. I thought there were gonna go into end of Run Thru to close close. But oh well.
 Was a fantastic show. Only real complaint is that I wasn't there live live, but satisfied enough that was able to watch

Jack D

Love the new Jim/Carl arrangement to start "I'm Amazed", and yes, they've really grown into the new stuff live. I will never get tired of hearing them play Mahgeeta- it brings me back to my first MMJ show with the entire Red Rocks crowd singing the chorus, like music raining down from Heaven.

ranyart

Quote from: mdgsolo on Oct 28, 2021, 02:02 PMDoes anyone know if this will be available for 24 hours or anything or only during the live stream?  I have an event that will keep me from it until the live part is over :-(

I just turned on YouTube and it popped right up for me - rewatching it now.  Enjoy!

MMJCOBRA

AMAZING!!!! 

FYI, I'm the guy in the second row, dead center, with his arms raised for almost every second of the entire show!!!!! :cheesy:

RobRoy286

Quote from: Robert Cannon on Oct 30, 2021, 01:40 PMAMAZING!!!! 

FYI, I'm the guy in the second row, dead center, with his arms raised for almost every second of the entire show!!!!! :cheesy:
Hahaha hell yeah brother I saw you a lot throughout the night!

How was OTR as a closer? Did it end with some extra oomph? I feel like I'm so accustomed to that being midget and going into another song, if it was the last song I'd feel incomplete. I tapped out before the encore.

Actually kinda glad I didn't see live debuts from the MMJ album (besides Complex). Excited to hear them live for the first time, in person, in Chicago.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Oct 30, 2021, 03:17 PM
Quote from: Robert Cannon on Oct 30, 2021, 01:40 PMAMAZING!!!! 

Hahaha hell yeah brother I saw you a lot throughout the night!

How was OTR as a closer? Did it end with some extra oomph? I feel like I'm so accustomed to that being midget and going into another song, if it was the last song I'd feel incomplete. I tapped out before the encore.

Actually kinda glad I didn't see live debuts from the MMJ album (besides Complex). Excited to hear them live for the first time, in person, in Chicago.

In the moment, I had totally lost track of what was played and what hadn't been played. Since I attended the Atlanta show, I assumed Wasted was the final song.

Huge surprise when they didn't walk off the stage and started Off the Record.  And yes, it was a huge closer w that extra oomph in the "wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wahhhhhh"!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooo glad they are mixing up song placements as 75% of their material could easily be highly satisfying show closers!!!! 

clayton

I was fortunate to be at the show last friday, in Birmingham. Also, beyond fortunate, that it was show 51 for me (dating back to 2003). Out of those 50 plus shows, I truly think, friday night, was a top ten, possibly top five for me. I just thought the band was on absolute fire and complete control. The audience took a bit to warm up but by midset, the band had the audience in complete control. I am from Athens and have seen MMJ in Birmingham a number of times, including Carl and Bo's first show in 2004. I overheard someone at the end say that they have never seen the Alabama Theatre move like that.

To no surprise, the new songs sounded outstanding. Never In The Real World and In Color are just top notch and Complex sounded as crunch and rocking as ever, especially without the vocal effect that Jim uses on the album.

Closing with Off The Record, completely worked. As someone who has heard that song at possibly every show ive been to since 2005, and constantly being in the 2-4 slot in shows, i absolutely loved it being at the end of the show.

Dancefloors, Victory Dance, and Touch Me 2 also being midset, was just fantastic.

It looks like this is it for me for 2021. I was able to see the Railbird, Alpharetta, and Birmingham shows and I am still in complete and total awe of this group. Bring on 2022!

clayton

Also I was the guy in the Braves hat and tie dye shirt on Jim side, going crazy. And it's Monday and im still feeling it.

mdgsolo

Quote from: clayton on Nov 01, 2021, 09:16 AMI was fortunate to be at the show last friday, in Birmingham. Also, beyond fortunate, that it was show 51 for me (dating back to 2003). Out of those 50 plus shows, I truly think, friday night, was a top ten, possibly top five for me. I just thought the band was on absolute fire and complete control. The audience took a bit to warm up but by midset, the band had the audience in complete control. I am from Athens and have seen MMJ in Birmingham a number of times, including Carl and Bo's first show in 2004. I overheard someone at the end say that they have never seen the Alabama Theatre move like that.

To no surprise, the new songs sounded outstanding. Never In The Real World and In Color are just top notch and Complex sounded as crunch and rocking as ever, especially without the vocal effect that Jim uses on the album.

Closing with Off The Record, completely worked. As someone who has heard that song at possibly every show ive been to since 2005, and constantly being in the 2-4 slot in shows, i absolutely loved it being at the end of the show.

Dancefloors, Victory Dance, and Touch Me 2 also being midset, was just fantastic.

It looks like this is it for me for 2021. I was able to see the Railbird, Alpharetta, and Birmingham shows and I am still in complete and total awe of this group. Bring on 2022!

Awesome review!  Thanks for that.  Bring on Chicago!

LB

Hi all.

Does anyone have a high def file to download for the Bham show?

Absolutely incredible.
no you never gotta fight with me

searchinbig

Quote from: LB on Nov 01, 2021, 03:14 PMHi all.

Does anyone have a high def file to download for the Bham show?

Absolutely incredible.

Found this:

https://archive.org/details/mmj2021-10-29
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

APR

That live stream got me really pumped for Chicago.  To get to do that three times is pretty amazing. 

MMJCOBRA

I'm shocked I can't find an audio rip from the webcast. I'd live the video too of course  :thumbsup: