European tour?

Started by The Lonely European, Oct 26, 2021, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

That is very cool!  Have they ever played Spain before?

Lucius

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Dec 01, 2022, 12:51 PMThat is very cool!  Have they ever played Spain before?

According to Setlist FM, 3 festivals and 1 possible slot as an opening act during the Z tour. Does anyone know if they supported someone on a European tour? The venue listed is an arena.

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=My+morning+jACKET+Spain

Do they have a US festival announced for June? Official website currently only has the July one? I'd really love any UK dates to be in June rather than May!
it wouldn't be a party without you

The Lonely European

Yeah i canĀ“t see any other dates. Someone wrote here that they were going to play in US in june but i hope he is wrong.  :rolleyes:

I just cant see that they wont go on a tour in Europe if they finally come here. How many years is it the last time they were here? At least 10 right?

I prefer june also. As long as they dont come to Budapest when im there!

slappymoe

Quote from: Lucius on Dec 02, 2022, 07:08 AMDoes anyone know if they supported someone on a European tour? The venue listed is an arena.
pearl jam?

Woody

ericm

Quote from: Woody on Dec 02, 2022, 01:24 PM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Dec 01, 2022, 12:51 PMThat is very cool!  Have they ever played Spain before?

Espana!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9zgr96YgmA

Holy hell! How have I never seen that before?  :shocked:

Thanks for posting the link and way to go Johnny for putting it up on YouTube.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

"Where's Jim going?"

ranyart

It's going to be very interesting to see how this Euro tour works out.  My ultimate supreme fantasy would be to see MMJ at Pompeii, which I am lucky enough to have seen King Crimson play two killer shows at, but I know that's very unlikely.  I would be happy if they played at any of the old theaters but my fear is they will focus on festivals which isn't enough for me to get on a plane and cross The Atlantic.

https://tonylevin.com/road-diaries/king-crimson-2018-uncertain-times-tour-part-1/pompeii-show2

Some fun pictures from Pompeii show number 2 where we had front row center seats (although sneaky man snuck in front of us for the pic).  Can you imagine seeing our boys here?  Bring it on...

Lucius

Quote from: ranyart on Dec 02, 2022, 04:22 PMIt's going to be very interesting to see how this Euro tour works out.  My ultimate supreme fantasy would be to see MMJ at Pompeii, which I am lucky enough to have seen King Crimson play two killer shows at, but I know that's very unlikely.  I would be happy if they played at any of the old theaters but my fear is they will focus on festivals which isn't enough for me to get on a plane and cross The Atlantic.

https://tonylevin.com/road-diaries/king-crimson-2018-uncertain-times-tour-part-1/pompeii-show2

Some fun pictures from Pompeii show number 2 where we had front row center seats (although sneaky man snuck in front of us for the pic).  Can you imagine seeing our boys here?  Bring it on...

I would definitely try my very hardest to get to a show like that!

Looking at previous European tours they seem to do more Eastern Europe though, concentrating on the mainland between Belgium and Germany and then the sometimes Sweden/Norway and then the UK. I'm actually quite surprised that they've never played a headlining show in Spain or Portugal and haven't played a full show in France since 2008! I thought those guys would all really appreciate some MMJ!

I'd really love to see them at a place called "Troxy" in London. Possibly too big for them at present but not a million miles away in terms of capacity from Shepherd's Bush Empire where they played (and sold out) in 2015! I'd also settle for the Kentish Town Forum!

The Lonely European

Is it 2015 the last time they were in Europe?

ChiefOKONO

YES!
whoa!  Thanks for posting that clip.  I somehow never thought they had done any big touring over there!!

Quote from: ericm on Dec 02, 2022, 03:51 PM
Quote from: Woody on Dec 02, 2022, 01:24 PM

Espana!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9zgr96YgmA

Holy hell! How have I never seen that before?  :shocked:

Thanks for posting the link and way to go Johnny for putting it up on YouTube.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Lucius

Quote from: The Lonely European on Dec 06, 2022, 03:37 AMIs it 2015 the last time they were in Europe?

Yeah, it was September 2015 during The Waterfall era. Jim did a solo acoustic show at Roundhouse in London. I think that was January 2019. or 2018?

Lucius

They've added a third Primavera date, 9th June in Portugal. This festivals line-up/dates just gets more and more confusing :grin:

Hopefully not long now until we get some dates for the rest of Europe :cheesy:

The Lonely European

Not much happening with the European tour. Don't know if you can even call it a tour.

Lucius

We know they're back in the US just after the festival so we can rule out the rest of June, sadly. It's also starting to feel too late for them to announce anything for May. Those would surely be on sale by now?! I just bought tickets for a show in London happening in August. 

I think a full European tour might be a while off :undecided: really hoping to be proved wrong! But I'm not at all optimistic they've got anything else booked for this trip!

Seeing as they're apparently not in a rush to finish the new album maybe they'll come back later in the year? September time again maybe? I can dream :grin:

ChiefOKONO

Yes, hopefully they will come for some ol' September Blues!

mattsiu02

This is just me repeating a rumor from one of the FB pages, but they are going to add England, France, and Amsterdam dates.

The Lonely European

Jim just said on Discord that they will soon announce more European dates!!!!

Lucius

My bank balance/credit cards are not ready. But I am :cheesy:

The Lonely European

Quote from: Lucius on Feb 07, 2023, 04:43 PMMy bank balance/credit cards are not ready. But I am :cheesy:
Yeah but as long as we are ready it will work out somehow 😁 I will probably need to fly somewhere also. London on a Saturday evening would be great so I can go and watch some football also 😊