Anyone going to record the NYC shows?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jul 11, 2010, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenparty

At Joe's Pub I asked Patrick if they were going to do any special release. he said they are multitrack recording the shows, for a possible release if they sound good. He was super cool like always.

I sure as hell hope they do!!!

You're the Dude all right![smiley=thumbsup.gif]

let's just hope they're not too picky  

el_chode

I hope it's the whole show and nothing but the show, as in I don't want a Zappa-esque "Roxy" album where they tape together songs from all 5 nights to make "one" concert.
I'm surrounded by assholes

mahg33ta

QuoteGot an email from NYCTaper that said they did not tape At Dawn because they...

"were informed that MMJ were recording the show for possible official release and were not permitting audio of these shows."

Here's to hoping they're right!!
Cheers to that!!!!!  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

At Joe's Pub I asked Patrick if they were going to do any special release. he said they are multitrack recording the shows, for a possible release if they sound good. He was super cool like always.

well done!  I'm always impressed when people keep their wits in the face of greatness to ask good questions!  

twofingers

QuoteGot an email from NYCTaper that said they did not tape At Dawn because they...

"were informed that MMJ were recording the show for possible official release and were not permitting audio of these shows."

Here's to hoping they're right!!
Cheers to that!!!!!  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

well done!  I'm always impressed when people keep their wits in the face of greatness to ask good questions!  

Right on! My mind always goes semi blank and then walk away wondering why I didn't ask this or that.

Exciting news!
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

Robbman

DMB had a couple of releases where they did an audio compilation of multi-night venues.. a 'best of' for more casual fans, but then you could order the complete shows box set on CD. Both sets included the same DVD, a best of, as well. One relase was a 3 night stand at the Gorge, and the other was a four night stand at Red Rocks.

This format would be perfect for the Terminal 5 shows. DVD or not, I'd be happy with that complete audio set.

walterfredo

Please don't DMB this thread!  ;)

hadn't read this until just now, wow, amazing stuff.  Really hope this happens.  

BadfooT

I know someone got a stealth recording of something...please up it....we're dyin over here.  I can't wait 2 years...thats if the tapes came out clean.

Robbman

QuotePlease don't DMB this thread!  ;)

Cripes, you can't even bring up their name when discussing a format for a potential live release? Really?

I'm only referring to their idea behind releasing a multi-night show.. and that's all. I think its a great way to handle the T5 shows, so let's just keep it on that track because that is in no way a comparison of bands. Jeez.

el_chode

QuotePlease don't DMB this thread!  ;)

Cripes, you can't even bring up their name when discussing a format for a potential live release? Really?

I'm only referring to their idea behind releasing a multi-night show.. and that's all. I think its a great way to handle the T5 shows, so let's just keep it on that track because that is in no way a comparison of bands. Jeez.

Like I mentioned before (and to avoid anyone making a stink over DMB's credentials), there's the somewhat infamous Zappa album "live at the Roxy, infamous because it's a stellar recording but the visual component has yet to see the light of day.

I, for one, would not want it to be like that. The audio was patched together over 3 different nights. I'd love to have all the songs (Zappa/MMJ distinction irrelevant)
I'm surrounded by assholes

frontwards

i made a mash up of some youtube videos from the tennessee fire show (thanks to all who captured/shared video!).  didn't turn out too bad. hope to do the other shows soon.

check it out on my blog beisketbol.blogspot.com

frontwards

here's the link:

//www.beisketbol.blogspot.com

i guess you can't post links in your first post.

johnnYYac

Quotehere's the link:

//www.beisketbol.blogspot.com

i guess you can't post links in your first post.
Downloading.  Very nice find.  Its a shame to see all the tunes they missed.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tiivud
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

FiddleCastro

very cool. I was thinking of doing something similar for another show I went top, but decided it'd be too much work,  ;D
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

my mind is still blown there isn't at least a couple stealth sources of these shows out by now.  hope they release these shows.