Jim Collaborates with Brian Wilson

Started by Mr. White, Nov 23, 2021, 04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Right Where I Belong - Brian Wilson and Jim James

From WFPK
Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) out November 26, 2021

MUSIC NEWS
November 23, 2021
Brian Wilson and Jim James have teamed up for a new song called "Right Where I Belong." The new song is featured on the soundtrack for the upcoming documentary Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road. The Beach Boys legend told Rolling Stone, "I was thrilled when Brent and Jason asked me to compose a song for the film, I enjoyed working on the song with Jim, he was the perfect collaborator."

Jim James also shared a statement about the collaboration:

https://wfpk.org/2021/jim-james-joined-brian-wilson-for-a-new-song-called-right-where-i-belong/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-919wfpk&utm_content=later-22530488&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

"In my heart and soul Brian Wilson's music has always held a place of such divine importance. It has always been there with me in celebrating life's greatest triumphs and has also sustained me through some of my darkest hours. His spirit and life story have taught us all to never give up and to always listen to and honor the spirit of each of our own unique creative souls. So it was truly such an honor to create and collaborate with Brian on brand new music for this incredible upcoming film about his life."

Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road and the soundtrack are both out this Friday, November 26.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Nikkogino

ranyart

Nice and thanks for sharing Mr. White!  It must be a real thrill for JJ to be working with Brian since he's been listening to him literally all of his life.

Mr. White

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/brian-wilson-long-promised-road-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-brian-wilson/i04a8mbtr8y9a?qref=dpa

I've been listening to this song from time to time and even let my mother listen to it earlier today. It kind of makes me tear up and become emotional each and every time I listen to it. I decided to try to find it to download, and I found it on a couple of different sites. I like to download FLAC as often as possible, so I've purchased albums from HD Tracks, Bandcamp (my favorite), and Qobuz out of Europe. All of them have FLAC, and some have the highest quality version available. Qobuz has short samples of each song to preview before deciding to buy. I was listening to a couple of the samples of this album when I noticed something very familiar. I've included the link to Qobuz's site for the album, and I'd like you all to take a listen to the sample for song 10. "Long Promised Road" and tell me what/who you hear. I've done a search for some information and even looked on the Lakeshore Records site for some information but can't find any. I've since purchased the album on Qobuz and will listen to the rest of the album for more, but this little sample makes me wonder ... Tell me what you hear and think.

MMJTX

nice find Mr. White! I love what i hear in that small clip
Anytime

ChiefOKONO

ranyart

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 28, 2021, 09:01 PMhttps://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/brian-wilson-long-promised-road-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-brian-wilson/i04a8mbtr8y9a?qref=dpa

I've been listening to this song from time to time and even let my mother listen to it earlier today. It kind of makes me tear up and become emotional each and every time I listen to it. I decided to try to find it to download, and I found it on a couple of different sites. I like to download FLAC as often as possible, so I've purchased albums from HD Tracks, Bandcamp (my favorite), and Qobuz out of Europe. All of them have FLAC, and some have the highest quality version available. Qobuz has short samples of each song to preview before deciding to buy. I was listening to a couple of the samples of this album when I noticed something very familiar. I've included the link to Qobuz's site for the album, and I'd like you all to take a listen to the sample for song 10. "Long Promised Road" and tell me what/who you hear. I've done a search for some information and even looked on the Lakeshore Records site for some information but can't find any. I've since purchased the album on Qobuz and will listen to the rest of the album for more, but this little sample makes me wonder ... Tell me what you hear and think.

I hear JJ and I think you rock for finding and sharing this!

Could they possibly talk Brian Wilson into doing some live shows together at some point?

Mr. White

Quote from: MMJTX on Nov 29, 2021, 10:27 AMnice find Mr. White! I love what i hear in that small clip

I've only listened to portions of each song, but I don't think there are any more with Jim, but I'll have to give each song a full listen to make sure. The song, "Long Promised Road", that seems to have Jim singing in the above sample, has only a small portion with Jim doing the majority of the singing. That clip has pretty much all of his part in it. Since downloading the Qobuz app to my smart phone, I was able to look at the details of the publishing information. It reads as follows:
"Right Where I Belong"
Label: Lakeshore Records
Composer: Brian Wilson

Credits
Jim James, Composer, Producer, Mixer, Recording Engineer
Bob Ludwig, Mastering Engineer
Brian Wilson, Composer, Producer, Main Artist
Kevin Ratterman, Mixer, Recording Engineer

Just guessing, but it looks like our boys, Jim and Kevin must have teamed up in L.A. to do this at Kevin's new studio, Invisible Creature. Just guessing though.

Invisible Creature
http://www.invisiblecreaturesounds.com/

Brian posted this picture earlier, so I'm posting it here.
Long Live the Legends!

Come Closer

Thought this was a pretty touching doc. Probably nothing new or particularly revelatory if you're a big BDub/BBs fan, but well executed. Some Jim, some Springsteen, some Don Was, lots of Elton.

Mr. White

Still images captured from the YouTube video Brian shared for New Years.
"Wishing everyone a healthy, happy and safe New Years. Brian loves you!"