Main Menu

The GOOSE Thread

Started by jttouch2, Jan 18, 2022, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jttouch2

Been talkin about em on Facebook for a while, figured they need their own thread here-easily my favorite jam band right now. Awesome writing, awesome playing, a real cool and unique studio sound that a lot of jam bands don't get. new single just dropped and its gorgeous.

CountSA

I discovered Goose in November and have almost been listening to them exclusively since then.  My wife has asked more than once "is this My Morning Jacket?" when walking in on one of their jams.  The new single is great!  I've got tickets to Goosemas in February and can't wait to see them for the first time.

MMJTX

I discovered Goose sometime in 2020 when there was a video posted of them covering State of the Art (AEIOU), have listened quite a bit since then.
Saw them this past November at a new venue in Dallas, PACKED show, sold out in minutes. They actually covered State of Art at that show and i don't think i've ever been so lucky to catch one song at a show lol. The rest of the show was amazing and i think they're fantastic.
Anytime

Come Closer

Pretty typical Phish imitators whose shtick gets old super fast b/c they have very few interesting songs and their jamming is extremely one dimensional.

MMJTX

Quote from: Come Closer on Jan 18, 2022, 02:59 PMPretty typical Phish imitators whose shtick gets old super fast b/c they have very few interesting songs and their jamming is extremely one dimensional.

:drum:
Anytime

jttouch2

I don't disagree about them often being relatively 1-dimensional in jams. but they keep getting better, and they have lots of great tunes with a great singer-two things Phish misses on more often than not, even if the jams are incredible. Stoked to see em for the 3rd and 4th time in Nash in March-caught Pelham N2 and Atlanta N2 last year.

LBSUNFLWR

I saw them in Indy a few days ago. I really liked the show and thought they were a lot of fun.

I'd go see them again for sure.

At times it got a little too dance-ish for me, and I found myself losing interest.

Good show to check out when the recording comes out, particularly the first set.

LBSUNFLWR

We took a trip to Kansas City in October to see Goose and The Chiefs.

That was a great show! Check that one out.

I've been listening to mostly Goose these days and watching some of the live streams.

Next up we will be going to both 12/30 and 12/31 in Cincinnati! Pretty psyched.

jttouch2

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Dec 17, 2022, 10:29 PMWe took a trip to Kansas City in October to see Goose and The Chiefs.

That was a great show! Check that one out.

I've been listening to mostly Goose these days and watching some of the live streams.

Next up we will be going to both 12/30 and 12/31 in Cincinnati! Pretty psyched.

I've been in the same boat, listening to more or less every show at this point. I'll be at Cincinatti as well!

LBSUNFLWR

^^ Awesome! I think we are in for a treat!!

sweatboard

I Ran Across A Video Of Theirs A While Back And It Was Apparent That The Lead Singer Was Enjoying Himself. As Were Most In Attendance. 
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Quote from: sweatboard on Jan 15, 2023, 01:12 AMI Ran Across A Video Of Theirs A While Back And It Was Apparent That The Lead Singer Was Enjoying Himself. As Were Most In Attendance. 

That's Serious Though I Get Immense Pleasure From Watching Someone Enjoying Making Music That Much....

Check This Bass Player......And The Whole Fucking Band. THESE GUYS ARE UNREAL......

sweatboard

LBSUNFLWR

We are taking another weekend road chip in March to see Goose in Cleveland.

NYE was beyond incredible. 12/30 pretty awesome too.