Main Menu

Gold Star

Started by SplatSplatSplat, Jan 20, 2022, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplatSplatSplat

Need a new band?  Check out Gold Star.  Based out of CA.  Pretty low key.  Has 3 LPs - Dark Days, Big Blue & Upper and Downers and new EP Headlights USA (2021).

I wouldn't say they sound like MMJ or anything, the only real similarity being this is the work of a singer/songwriter, less a band (from what I can tell).  Well, that and the music is fucking excellent.  All killer, no filler.

First LP is kind of down and dirty alt country/rock/folk (I guess).  Second LP continues that. First few LPs have more slow, sad songs than the later ones. Third LP kind of picks up the tempo and sound textures and the newer EP takes that even further.  It's a nice, steady progression without completely overhauling their sound from record to record. 

Excellent lyrics. When you learn the songs, you will be singing along.   

If you like the Futurebirds, J Roddy Walston, MMJ, Band of Horses, Susto, Delta Spirit or Water Liars, you'll probably dig this.

Enjoy!
You need it.  That's for sure.

MMJTX

Thanks for the rec, going to put them on now!
Anytime

sillyboob

I dig it.  Listened to two songs on the Youtube, good stuff!  Are they going to be on Bandcamp anytime soon?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

SplatSplatSplat

Quote from: sillyboob on Jan 21, 2022, 12:09 PMI dig it.  Listened to two songs on the Youtube, good stuff!  Are they going to be on Bandcamp anytime soon?

Yeah, they are on bandcamp:

https://goldstarlovesu.bandcamp.com/community
You need it.  That's for sure.

bearlyowlsome

Very very nice!

Thank you very much.

sillyboob

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jan 21, 2022, 06:55 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Jan 21, 2022, 12:09 PMI dig it.  Listened to two songs on the Youtube, good stuff!  Are they going to be on Bandcamp anytime soon?

Yeah, they are on bandcamp:

https://goldstarlovesu.bandcamp.com/community

Cool deal.  Now they're in my Itunes.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.