Roll Call - Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island - Chicago - 7/2/2022

Started by ranyart, Feb 17, 2022, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranyart

Looking forward to seeing our favorite band on a great lake!

1.  ranyart + Mrs.

YimYodd

My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

millerjustin

1.  ranyart + Mrs.
2. rab7607 + mrs. rab
3. YimYodd + Big O
4. Millerjustin & the Mrs.
What's in here won't disappear

ranyart

Just got to the hotel here in Chicago for the show tomorrow and we can clearly see the stage from our room!  We're really looking forward to the show.  This will be four in a row for us in Chicago which is bizarre considering there were five shows that were cancelled in the middle.  See you tomorrow!  :beer:

ranyart

We're back from Chicago!  The show was awesome and it was sooooooo good to see our band playing live again outdoors for the first time since Forest Hills oh so long ago.  The venue was very nice and I would go back there again for other shows in a heartbeat.  We had seats on the floor that were relatively crowded so we moved back to one of the riser sections which was perfect for us.  We had excellent city and lake views, and we could clearly see Chicago's Navy Peer fireworks.

Speaking of those fireworks...  The highlight of the show was One Big Holiday which we believe was timed perfectly to come during the fireworks display, and it was freaking awesome!  Other highlights were the new Wordless Chorus additions, The Day Is Coming which the band sound checked before the show, and best of all while we were walking back to the hotel after picking up early merchandise and VIP stuff I got an "on your left" while being passed by Bo and Carl on bicycles (and a nice thank you from Bo when I moved out of the way  :grin: ).

The band sounded fantastic and Jim was in fine form in spite of the COVID-19 mess.  I was worried that he might have some issues after having it because so many of my friends are still having troubles weeks after getting sick but his voice and energy seemed just fine.

All in all it was a great 4th of July weekend in Chicagoland highlighted by a most excellent concert experience from MMJ.  That's four in a row for us in Chicago which is not anywhere close to what we planned but we're happy to take what we can get and we're looking forward to whatever pops up next!

P.S.  One other thing...  The band clearly posed for a group picture at the end of the show and my guess is we're going to get another puzzle!

Lucius

it wouldn't be a party without you

sillyboob

I agree Lucius!  That Mahgeetah -- Gideon -- Circuital start is epic!!  Throw in IWSYS and OBH into Steam Engine.  Yes I hope this gets released!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Still waiting

This was a great show.  Is there a recording of it out there yet?

ranyart

Quote from: Still waiting on Jul 14, 2022, 11:20 PMThis was a great show.  Is there a recording of it out there yet?

I've been looking and haven't found one yet, and the thought crossed our minds that the group picture they took at the end might also be for a album cover.