Roll Call-Red Hat Amphitheater, Raleigh, NC 4/22/22

Started by jttouch2, Feb 18, 2022, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jttouch2

parkervb

1. jttouch2 + 1
2. parkervb with forum lurker mynameiscurt and his wife

Very excited for this show, FRIYAY! smaller amphitheater, chill pit, late April can bring awesome weather in NC and Red Hat has hosted some damn fine Jacket shows.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

1. jttouch2 + 1
3. APR + 1 (mahg33ta)

parkervb

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 08, 2022, 10:11 AM1. jttouch2 + 1

Very excited for this show, FRIYAY! smaller amphitheater, chill pit, late April can bring awesome weather in NC and Red Hat has hosted some damn fine Jacket shows.

Weather looking excellent

SmokinShootin88

1. jttouch2 + 1
3. APR + 1 (mahg33ta)
4. smokinshootin88 + 1

Was at the 2015 Raleigh show and we got a super rarity with Hillside Song - maybe the only time its been played live??

Mr. White

Quote from: SmokinShootin88 on Apr 19, 2022, 11:01 AM1. jttouch2 + 1
3. APR + 1 (mahg33ta)
4. smokinshootin88 + 1

Was at the 2015 Raleigh show and we got a super rarity with Hillside Song - maybe the only time its been played live??

I recorded this one in 2015 in Chicago.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

parkervb

Raleigh gets some good ones...I missed 2015 but that show also got Only Memories Remain, They Ran and Steam & Cobra in the encore. 2012 had the Rollin Back opener, Evelyn, Death Is the East Way, Twilight and Isn't It a Pity (much more common in 2012, wish this would make a comebac). 2017 got a War Begun->IWSYS and TMP1 and TMP2 back to back.

rkwedge

Set List:

Victory Dance
Love Love Love
Anytime
Spring
I'm Amazed
TWTHS
Circuital
Golden
Where To Begin
Lucky To Be Alive
Gideon
Feel You
OBH
Lay Low
Wordless
Touch Me 2

Encore:

Steam Engine
Wasted
Mahgeetah

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJTX

Anytime

RobRoy286

Oh man, Lay Low right after OBH?! Is that even legal?

Cameron

Quote from: SmokinShootin88 on Apr 19, 2022, 11:01 AM1. jttouch2 + 1
3. APR + 1 (mahg33ta)
4. smokinshootin88 + 1

They've played it 5 times. Glad I was at the Cleveland show in '15 for the 1st time. Jim has played it at some solo shows as well.

SmokinShootin88

Quote from: rkwedge on Apr 22, 2022, 10:45 PMSet List:

Victory Dance
Love Love Love
Anytime
Spring
I'm Amazed
TWTHS
Circuital
Golden
Where To Begin
Lucky To Be Alive
Gideon
Feel You
OBH
Lay Low
Wordless
Touch Me 2

Encore:

Steam Engine
Wasted
Mahgeetah

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I was super stoked to hear "Lucky to be Alive" which was the first appearance of this spring tour.  The 2nd half jam of that song is some of the densest/heaviest MMJ and I knew it would translate well live. Some of the most killer bass runs in that jam. TOM-BOMBS!
I told my buddy before show was hoping they would break that one out and they delivered.
On a side not, great show all around. My first time seeing them in 5 years or so, and they still just kill it live.
Couple brief highlights: Was in the pit and everyone was super chill and friendly; Wordless Chorus jam! Others noted this has just been taken to a new level this tour with the end jam (and killer lights); OBH earlier in set is always fun (first of tour not being closer); Where to Begin is always a treat too. And in general just hearing a bunch of songs for first time live since their hiatus was amazing.   
Just feel so happy and fortunate to still see these guys play!

APR

Great show and setlists in Raleigh.  We strolled into the pit after the opener and were stunned at how empty it was that close to showtime.  We had a great spot with plenty of room.  A few talkers during Golden and Where to Begin (which was extended a bit).  The jam at the end of Worldless was a nice change as was OBH in the middle.  I noticed Tom smiling quite a bit so hopefully they're all having fun on stage.  Jim really appreciated being there and appreciated the crowd showing up.   Lucky to be Alive is great, and the jam crushes.