It's About Twilight Now...

Started by johnconaway, Jun 10, 2003, 09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Man, I was just listening to one of many live versions of that tune, and everytime it blows me away.

One of the most memorable MMJ moments was at a Headliner's show, some kind of radio benefit free show.  There were chairs set up by the stage.  CHAIRS!  Of course, after about three notes the crowd rushed the stage.

I can't remember the setlist, but when they played It's About Twilight Now, in the totally rockin' part, it just seemed like we were witnessing the birth of something new.  The hair, the headbangin', the stage antics...the acoustics were just right, ratcheted up to ear splitting perfection...

I will always consider that a very fine MMJ moment, if not my favorite.  What's your favorite MMJ moment?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

I will be there when you die, Cactus Festival 2000. Jim played his guitar really quiet, stood as far on the front of the stage as he could be and sang totally unplugged, straight into the crowd. I was completely stunned. I was trembling for 30 minutes after the show, of sheer amazement. It was SOO beautiful! Later I heard he used to do that quite often in those days, but I didn´t really care, ´cuz to me it was special and unique. I still get shivers when I think of it.
I'm ready when you are

CC

Shoot, I could be in that shot...looks like the whole Jacket lovin' world is in that pic!

Oz

Well, I´m not a very tall guy... But one of these days I´m gonna spend an hour or two to search on them, I promise!  ;)
I'm ready when you are

Lieven

Wish I was there too at Cactus festival. Jim and the band in park... sounds like a perfect place to perform. Getting dark, stars at sky and then some beau-ti-ful music (and a beer too, off course)... ah, how I wish it were already vacation again!!

Since I only saw them twice, I liked both. Jim and his guitar, solo, bare feet... outside it was real cold, but inside it was so nice, real intimate (4AD, Belgium). By the way, on the ftp-server there are some songs of that gig. But I remember a drunk guy yelling "Where's the snake, Jim", and Jim (playing some guitar) like improvised some answers... funny. And also, because it was around xmas time, there was a song where we had to sing (like little boys and girls) "War is over, if you want it" and then Jim started "so this is xmas..." (George Michael i think)... really nice. Does anyone remember this? Send it to John (if you have a copy), so we all can enjoy it on the ftp-server ;)

Second time was really different, really totally cool rockin' stuff at Nijdrop. Perfect.

Please come back to Europe!! Please, please, please.
All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars

Lieven

By the way, this is more off-topic, but about Cactus festival THIS year: guess who's comin'... Woven Hand! It's a side project of 16 HP (Edwards).
Any 16 HP people from benelux should check it out! If you live elsewhere you're also welcome off course  ;)!

For the whole line up, go and see
www.cactusfestival.be
All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars

QuoteSend it to John (if you have a copy), so we all can enjoy it on the ftp-server

Thanks man!  8)