Main Menu

War Begun

Started by otter, Jul 14, 2003, 01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

This is my favorite MMJ song and most often the song I play to hook people with.

To me, this is the song that wraps all of the aspects of My Morning Jacket into one. There are a few others that I would include that group, but for this topic I will stick to War Begun because of the end jam.

I honestly think it is one of the coolest in all of rock and roll.  No sh!t.... Every time I listen to it...I get lost...It competes with any song of any band I can think of..
..during the latter stages of the song, you forget where there were lyrics and what they were...the band forms into what I have always called the machine..where each instrument becomes one...and individual sounds become hard to decipher from one another..and thus to a Jam band kind of guy..bliss..They go off the like the Allman's or the Dead, the Stones and Zepplin..you name it.
For Me, this is one of the best things in all genres of music i've heard for years. Everybody here has got one that relates...I'm sure of it. What about you all?

marktwain

I've got to agree w/ you, Otter.  That song is brilliant, and I always put it on mixed tapes for folks whom I'm trying to turn on to MMJ.
As for the feeling you describe, I always get that way when I hear 'Honest Man' live, and Jim and Johnny are soloing simultaneously.  It's so frigging amazing.

hipkink

hmmm. For some reason, I'm partial to By My Car at the moment. But it changes all the time. I do love how War Begun morphs into that kind of jam, for lack of a better word, at the end though.  
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.