Taylor Swift Is the Least of Ticketmaster’s Worries After Senate Hearing

Started by ChiefOKONO, Jan 26, 2023, 12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranyart

I watched what bits I could fit in yesterday and all I can say is the LN/TM crew seemed to be interested in blaming everyone but themselves for the troubles.  To me that's like blaming squirrels when they get into your bird feeder and eat all of the bird food - if you don't want to feed the squirrels or bots fix your damn systems!

I hope Congress or whoever does something to fix this rigged system so that it's more balanced in favor of the fans and the bands they support.  And it's not just music tickets for the AFC Championship this weekend are insanely high too compared to their face value (GO BENGALS!!!) although I have very little empathy for the sports world because I think we can all agree on the fact that they make plenty of money for what they do.  I know that virtually every MMJ fan has been impacted negatively by the ticket purchase process, and we have all seen examples where tickets go on sale and sell out in a flash only to see tickets immediately pop up on the resale market for absurd prices.

I'm not sure how this will end but my guess is there is too much money to be made by LN/TM for them to have any incentive to provide a "fix" for the mess they have created so it will have to be forced on them and that rarely works out the way folks might want it to.  I sure hope I'm wrong...

ChiefOKONO

Fingers crossed... hoping for eventually unwinding the merger!  We need something to happen so that this kind of stuff is not seen as ok and hopefully will eventually result in lower prices/fees and better availability for us fans!

rkwedge

Quote from: ranyart on Jan 26, 2023, 01:49 PMI'm not sure how this will end but my guess is there is too much money to be made by LN/TM for them to have any incentive to provide a "fix" for the mess they have created so it will have to be forced on them and that rarely works out the way folks might want it to.  I sure hope I'm wrong...
It won't end IMO unless we the consumer end it and that isn't going to happen. None of us are willing to just not buy the tickets and force their hand.
Expecting the government to fix it is almost comical, they were all using stupid statements with Taylor Swift lyrics in them yesterday as if they were clever while addressing the LN/TM executives.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes