US Tour Announcement ?

Started by MMJCOBRA, Feb 27, 2023, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 14, 2023, 02:18 PMSummer dates announced tomorrow!
Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 14, 2023, 02:18 PMSummer dates announced tomorrow!

Really!  I trust you're not messing with us.  I need Jacket in 2023.  I can't wait for the news.

Mr. White

I know a lot of us still here on the Forum don't like and don't "do" other social media things so much, but the official My Morning Jacket fan club that's called One Big Family, and that has an offshoot available on the thing called Discord, is very active telling about the announcement coming up tomorrow about the summer tour. Bo, Patrick, and Tom are communicating directly with fans logged into the Discord app thing, and the One Big Family page, that I'll provide the link to, is the place where early access to tickets is supposed to happen. I hope it really works.

https://onebigfamily.mymorningjacket.com/login

The link to the Discord app for computer use is just at the bottom of the page on the One Big Family page.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Cameron

rkwedge

They're suppose to announce the summer tour at 1:00pm EST tomorrow and tickets go on sale Thursday. Fall tour announcement coming soon according to Patrick.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ranyart

Looking forward to the announcements and thanks for the heads up!

MMJCOBRA

CAN NOT WAIT!!!  MARCH MMJ MADNESS!!!

MY MORNING BRACKET!!!

rkwedge

CAN NOT WAIT!!!  MARCH MMJ MADNESS!!!

MY MORNING BRACKET!!!

This is funny Rob  :beer:
Hope to see you on the road somewhere.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

walterfredo

Mr. White

(Quick copy and paste of the information on the official site.)

MAY 14, 2023
Saenger Theatre
Mobile, AL
Register for One Big Family for first access to presale tickets.
VIP
MAY 15, 2023
Thalia Mara Hall
Jackson, MS
VIP
MAY 20, 2023 - MAY 21, 2023
Corona Capital Guadalajara
Guadalajara, Mexico
TICKETS
MAY 30, 2023
O2 Forum Kentish Town
London, UK
TICKETS
MAY 31, 2023
O2 Ritz Manchester
Manchester, UK
TICKETS
JUN 3, 2023
Primavera Sound
Barcelona, Spain
TICKETS
JUN 5, 2023
De Roma
Antwerp, Belgium
TICKETS
JUN 6, 2023
TivoliVredenburg
Utrecht, Netherlands
TICKETS
JUN 9, 2023
Primavera Sound
Porto, Portugal
TICKETS
JUN 10, 2023
Primavera Sound
Madrid, Spain
TICKETS
JUN 15, 2023
The St. Augustine Amphitheatre
St. Augustine, FL
VIP
JUN 16, 2023
Firefly Distillery
Charleston, SC
VIP
TICKETS
JUN 17, 2023
Bonnaroo
Manchester, TN
TICKETS
JUN 20, 2023
Palace Theatre
Saint Paul, MN
VIP
JUN 21, 2023
The Riverside Theater
Milwaukee, WI
VIP
JUN 23, 2023
TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park
Indianapolis, IN
VIP
JUN 24, 2023
MegaCorp Pavilion
Newport, KY
VIP
JUN 26, 2023
Artpark Amphitheater
Lewiston, NY
VIP
JUN 28, 2023
Stage AE
Pittsburgh, PA
VIP
JUN 29, 2023 - JUL 2, 2023
Peach Music Festival
Scranton, PA
TICKETS
JUN 30, 2023
Westville Music Bowl
New Haven, CT
VIP
JUL 26, 2023 - JUL 30, 2023
FloydFest
Floyd, VA
TICKETS
JUL 29, 2023
The Anthem
Washington, DC
VIP
AUG 15, 2023
McMenamins Edgefield
Troutdale, OR
VIP
AUG 16, 2023
Hayden Homes Amphitheater
Bend, OR
VIP
AUG 18, 2023
The Greek Theatre
Berkeley, CA
with Fleet Foxes
TICKETS
AUG 19, 2023
The Greek Theatre
Berkeley, CA
with Fleet Foxes
TICKETS
AUG 20, 2023
Hollywood Bowl
Los Angeles, CA
with Fleet Foxes
AUG 22, 2023
CalCoast Credit Union Open Air Theatre
San Diego, CA
VIP
AUG 23, 2023
Mesa Amphitheatre
Mesa, AZ
VIP
AUG 25, 2023
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO
VIP
AUG 26, 2023
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

ranyart

I just finished up ordering via OBF and I can say it was about as painless as a MMJ ticket purchase gets these days so here's hoping they actually end up in our hands.  I was only allowed to get two tickets per event, which is fine for us, and not all events appeared on the list to pick from including the Newport KY show.  But I did get a separate email about Newport saying there is a presale next week March 23 password CIRCUITAL general on sale the next day.

The Red Rocks backstage VIP access package sounds super fun but sadly that's not happening for us this time around.  And of course no love for Louisville (yet)...

Edit - turns out that since I requested assigned seats for Indy I was unable to purchase Newport tickets because it is all GA.

RobRoy286

No Chicago or Detroit?  :(

Here's hoping for a fall tour...

YimYodd

Quote from: ranyart on Mar 15, 2023, 01:33 PMI just finished up ordering via OBF and I can say it was about as painless as a MMJ ticket purchase gets these days so here's hoping they actually end up in our hands.  I was only allowed to get two tickets per event, which is fine for us, and not all events appeared on the list to pick from including the Newport KY show.  But I did get a separate email about Newport saying there is a presale next week March 23 password CIRCUITAL general on sale the next day.

The Red Rocks backstage VIP access package sounds super fun but sadly that's not happening for us this time around.  And of course no love for Louisville (yet)...
Edit - turns out that since I requested assigned seats for Indy I was unable to purchase Newport tickets because it is all GA.

I also requested assigned seats in Indy.
I'm still a bit confused...will we at some point get to choose those seats or will they just be "assigned" as our spot in the lottery comes up???
Anyway, we'll be there !
Less than an hours drive from home on a Friday night, then Cincy/Newport on Saturday. :drum:  :beer:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

Derek713

Wow! The presale was awesome. I was able to snag VIP reserved Red Rocks both nights easily.

Cameron

Doing Pittsburgh (along with Hollywood) because I've never been.

Mr. White

I got myself 1 VIP ticket for Indianapolis (1st row dead center behind the PIT)! $251.60 total price after fees.

I'm only going to that show (may take a friend and get them a PIT ticket, so we can be near each other) and the one the next day in Newport, Kentucky (right across the river from Cincinnati). I'm in the lottery for both shows though for General Admission, so we'll see how that all plays out. I'm hoping to get GA for the Newport show (looks like that's pretty much all the seating there) and will take a friend or two with me (not doing any more VIP other than the Indianapolis show).

brob

Not sure about this new system. Onsale the day of the announcement isn't great. It will be interesting to see what tickets are assigned. I chose tier 1 for SD (176 for two). 460 for the VIP was a little much.

Derek713

Quote from: brob on Mar 15, 2023, 03:52 PMNot sure about this new system. Onsale the day of the announcement isn't great. It will be interesting to see what tickets are assigned. I chose tier 1 for SD (176 for two). 460 for the VIP was a little much.

Yeah, I wasn't exactly planning on having to make the decision today about Red Rocks. Maybe that made it easier to get VIP since others might have been in the same boat.

YimYodd

Quote from: brob on Mar 15, 2023, 03:52 PMNot sure about this new system. Onsale the day of the announcement isn't great. It will be interesting to see what tickets are assigned. I chose tier 1 for SD (176 for two). 460 for the VIP was a little much.

I agree, I figured Onsale would be tomorrow.
Very happy to get the Indy show and I chose tier 1 also (160 for two).
I am a tall guy so when possible I will choose an aisle seat a few rows further back just to have a bit more room .
That always seemed easy with the old RC perk of early access or early entry for GA shows.
Hopefully assignments won't just put someone way to the right or left of a row just because that row is technically a bit closer  where as I would choose the aisle in middle section a few rows back if given a choice.
I do appreciate the band working on this , and the great music and fans!
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

ranyart

Upon further investigation I was able to put in for the lottery for Newport with a separate request, even though the site says you can't do that, and I was able to pick reserved seats which is good news indeed.  We'll see how it goes I guess...

Looks like we have until Monday 3/20 to get our orders in and general on sale starts Friday 3/24 for those who miss out on the lottery.

Like Mr.s White said the venue in Newport is directly across the Ohio River from Cincinnati.  I've never been to it but I'm hoping it has a good view of the surroundings.