New album title?

Started by ChiefCrowe, Jan 17, 2005, 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billo

Too Much Too Soon Too Fast To Last

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteToo Much Too Soon Too Fast To Last
no way
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

Careful what you ask for!!!
There's Still Time.........

EC

Yeah, but nobody could ever say that it's too much too soon.  They've been slowly building their careers for a loooooong time, now.  They're lucky that they started so early, I think.  Because now they're old enough to handle all of the craziness that'll happen if they get gigantic rock star famedom.

Plus, I mean, look at us.  Their fans are like Dead fans - very, very loyal.  Also, it doesn't seem like they'll get caught up in the mega drug overdose phases that can come when people suddenly have easier access to stuff like that.

But mostly, they're very terrific, and they do things their own way, and I think that's what makes bands superior.  :)

sweatboard

QuoteYeah, but nobody could ever say that it's too much too soon.  They've been slowly building their careers for a loooooong time, now.  They're lucky that they started so early, I think.  Because now they're old enough to handle all of the craziness that'll happen if they get gigantic rock star famedom.

Plus, I mean, look at us.  Their fans are like Dead fans - very, very loyal.  Also, it doesn't seem like they'll get caught up in the mega drug overdose phases that can come when people suddenly have easier access to stuff like that.

But mostly, they're very terrific, and they do things their own way, and I think that's what makes bands superior.  :)

Exactly, which is why I also think Jim will ultimatly steer the band away from any kind of huge comercial success.  I always say Drivin' and Cryin' is a band that has acheived the perfect amount of success and managed to sustain it.  Success is a bad word choice but you know what I mean

EC

Word.

(I've never heard of Drivin' and Cryin'.  But I like their band name.)

sweatboard

If you've never heard Drivin N' Cryin I suggest you get your but to the record store and buy Fly Me Courageous Immediatly You will not regret it.

EC

QuoteIf you've never heard Drivin N' Cryin I suggest you get your but to the record store and buy Fly Me Courageous Immediatly You will not regret it.

Heh, I was actually, and quite seriously, just about to leave and hit the record store amid the things I have to do today.

So I will.  Thanks for the tip, fang!

sweatboard

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.  I really think you'll love it.

EC

QuoteI'm looking forward to hearing what you think.  I really think you'll love it.

They didn't frickin' have it.  Stupid arrrgh!  Now, granted, this was an HMV, which I normally don't like to shop at, but my favourite one just couldn't be fit into the tasks of the day.  They also didn't have the Split EP that I've been searching for, either.  Oh there's a lot they don't have:  brains, taste, coolness...  It's not their fault.  They work for the big company cog.  It's hard to be anything other than homogenous if you're working for an HMV.  (Is that how you spell homogenous?)

So I bought Steve Earle's live from ACL from 1980 DVD.  

When I find it, I will get it, and I will post about it.  I know my "She Said Boom" will have it.  They're the coolest.

sweatboard

Megan, I sent you a P.M.

EC

QuoteMegan, I sent you a P.M.
;)  As did I for you.

Sal Paradise

It's always more than one word. Always a T in the first word. It Beats For You.
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

marktwain

I think the natural progression is from 'At Dawn' to 'It Still Moves' to...

...Night Moves!

EC

QuoteI think the natural progression is from 'At Dawn' to 'It Still Moves' to...

...Night Moves!

That is wicked.  :)  Such skill!

TheMadHatter

i LIKE RED ON THE HEAD FIRE IN THE HOLE.OH EC,THAT WAS POST #666 FOR YOU
        VERY EVEL(another wierd pronunciation) ::)
The Mad Hatter,he waits for Alice to come to tea again.

TheMadHatter

UNRELATED
     EC,What is that picture of under your name??
The Mad Hatter,he waits for Alice to come to tea again.

EC

Quotei LIKE RED ON THE HEAD FIRE IN THE HOLE.OH EC,THAT WAS POST #666 FOR YOU
       VERY EVEL(another wierd pronunciation) ::)
Oh you're right!  It must be my eveeyil scariness spilling out onto posts.  This post will change everything.  sadly.

(And that's a picture of my back deck.  :))

primushead

They should just call it "Bigger Than Jesus" and see what the response would be...haha?

Oz

QuoteThey should just call it "Bigger Than Jesus" and see what the response would be...haha?

Hahaha :)
I'm ready when you are