MMJ Live Vol 3. Bonnaroo 2004

Started by MMJTX, Mar 30, 2023, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

Just pre-ordered my vinyl, very excited about this.

Anytime

Cameron

MMJTX

Listening to the show on Relisten right now. I really hope they have the introduction that they received on the vinyl.
"3 time nobel peace prize winners, 2 time academy award nominees, and this year's best in show at the Westminster dog show, Louisville Kentucky's own MY MORNING JACKET"
Anytime

wheelhousetunes

Seems pretty pointless as this show has been available for years, and still is.

Pineapple

Quote from: wheelhousetunes on Mar 30, 2023, 12:48 PMSeems pretty pointless as this show has been available for years, and still is.
This time it's remastered and in vinyl for the first time. There's a noticeable difference between the version of OBH released today and the one on nugs
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

APR

I'm sure the sound of the new version will be superior to Nugs. I bought this on Nugs years ago, and think it sounds terrific. If this was a video release, then I'd definitely purchase.  I have listened to this show a lot, and would love to watch it!  There is a 2004 'Roo documentary that ends with about ten minutes of  Golden/Steam combo with great video and audio. 

wheelhousetunes

Good points.

MMJ fans are cool.

RobRoy286

Damn...as someone who doesn't do vinyl, this is a big disappointment. When there are so few soundboard releases, it bums me out that this is a repeat.

Mr. White

I went ahead and purchased the One Big Family Exclusive version:
"MMJ Live Vol. 3: Bonnaroo 2004 (Return to Thunderdome) Digital Deluxe
MMJ Live Vol. 3: Bonnaroo 2004 (Return to Thunderdome) Digital Deluxe Pre-order - a One Big Family Exclusive

Collect this limited edition release format of My Morning Jacket's legendary 2004 Bonnaroo set. Each collectible comes with streaming access and high quality audio download files of the live set upon release street date (6/9/23) as well as an exclusive Bonnaroo 2004 Digital Zine available immediately upon purchase, with special early access to upcoming content.

Price
$15"

It includes the song that's streaming everywhere and several pictures that are probably part of the album design. There's also a spot for an upcoming video that will be shared later. I'm going to download it in WAV format when it becomes available. I'm probably not going to get the vinyl and Bandcamp download, since I went ahead and got this. ... but who knows, I just might ...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

APR

The album cover is awesome!

Here's hoping for 2016 Red Rocks for the next release.  Or TFF at Port Chester, MPP 2012, or Red Rocks 2019 night 2 which were other all time favorites. 

Lucius

This'll be an interesting listen for sure. I'm personally more into modern day Jacket, I absolutely love where they're at right now as a live band. I think they came back in '21 sounding completely refreshed and haven't lost any of their spark. I hope a future release will be a show from '22 because judging from the tapings - it was a golden year! But I'll still 100% enjoy this. Not complaining! 

Can we start a petition to get the 2019 TTF released? :grin:

it wouldn't be a party without you

peafunk31

Quote from: APR on Mar 30, 2023, 02:29 PMI'm sure the sound of the new version will be superior to Nugs. I bought this on Nugs years ago, and think it sounds terrific. If this was a video release, then I'd definitely purchase.  I have listened to this show a lot, and would love to watch it!  There is a 2004 'Roo documentary that ends with about ten minutes of  Golden/Steam combo with great video and audio. 

"We Have Arrived" was the doc if memory serves. I had only heard of MMJ prior to seeing this. As you can imagine I was immediately intrigued. Caught my 1st show in 2006 at the Electric Factory in Philly. Time flies....
Homer no function beer well without.

Pineapple

Quote from: APR on Mar 30, 2023, 02:29 PMIf this was a video release, then I'd definitely purchase.  I have listened to this show a lot, and would love to watch it!

Stay tuned...
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

ericm

Quote from: APR on Mar 31, 2023, 12:38 PMThe album cover is awesome!

Here's hoping for 2016 Red Rocks for the next release.  Or TFF at Port Chester, MPP 2012, or Red Rocks 2019 night 2 which were other all time favorites. 

I like your list and would like any of them for sure. Not that being at three of those four has anything to do with my wanting to get one of them.  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

DaydreamNation

Stoked! Will definitely be visiting my local shop to snag the indie exclusive variant on release day.

Awesome choice to release, although as others have said the last 8-10 years of live Jacket is my favorite era to listen to. Of shows I didn't attend, RR 2015 would be my top choice for the next release...need that Steam>Memories>Steam>Phone on wax SO badly!! Then of shows I attended recently, I'd love to see them do the 2016 Iroquois shows or 2016 Asheville or 2017 Nashville, but those are probably pipe dreams, alas...
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

Cameron

The cover is such an iconic photo. I wish they were selling signed copies.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Cameron on Apr 06, 2023, 09:39 PMThe cover is such an iconic photo. I wish they were selling signed copies.

They might at upcoming shows ?

Cameron

Lonndown27

I LOVE THIS IDEA.
But I think the show should be put out visually, not just audio. This was a moment where Danny Clinch's film was immortal with unreal footage. They've got the entire thing. Just put it out. Please.
I'm very grateful for this set to come out as it has one of the greatest Cobras from my perspective and a bunch of unbelievable renditions, of course Steam engine is unreal, especially if you've seen the video of the rainstorm and braving the madness of electrocution....you know how powerful it was.
A great Lowdown, too. I think it's underrated.
An incredible OBH as we've all seen that footage for years. A solid Way That He Sings, too.
It's a career defining show and one which we needed to see released.
I'm going to buy this obviously, and cherish every second, I just think the footage would be a fantastic accompaniment.
I hope they do it. And not just a flimsy digital download.
DVD baby.
Let's get physical, physical.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018