Announcements Today, Tomorrow, and Wednesday

Started by MMJTX, May 01, 2023, 11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

For those who aren't keeping up with the discord.
MMJ just announced announcements for Today, Tomorrow, and Wednesday at 1PM ET time each day.

I'm guessing New Album, New Fall Tour Dates, and not sure what else? Maybe that new merch from the fan contest, did we ever get that announced?
Anytime

rkwedge

Quote from: MMJTX on May 01, 2023, 11:40 AMFor those who aren't keeping up with the discord.
MMJ just announced announcements for Today, Tomorrow, and Wednesday at 1PM ET time each day.

I'm guessing New Album, New Fall Tour Dates, and not sure what else? Maybe that new merch from the fan contest, did we ever get that announced?
I like your guesses.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJTX

Tour openers announced today, makes sense, kind of forgotten that they hadn't been announced.
M. Ward opening for both night at RRx is pretty sweet, hopefully some Monsters of Folk songs get played during Jacket's set!
Anytime

APR

I'm not in the habit of checking discord so thanks for heads up about this week.  I forgot about tour openers too.  The next two announcements - fall tour dates followed by album news?  That would be outstanding. 

MMJTX

Quote from: APR on May 01, 2023, 04:50 PMI'm not in the habit of checking discord so thanks for heads up about this week.  I forgot about tour openers too.  The next two announcements - fall tour dates followed by album news?  That would be outstanding. 

That's what i'm thinking/hoping for
Anytime

MMJTX

Kind of a bummer, sounds like today's "announcement" was just general on-sale for the previously announced hollywood bowl show with fleet foxes.. :angry:
Anytime

walterfredo

Quote from: MMJTX on May 02, 2023, 03:23 PMKind of a bummer, sounds like today's "announcement" was just general on-sale for the previously announced hollywood bowl show with fleet foxes.. :angry:

Strange!

MyYinzerJacket

This was also posted today:
MMJ Live Vol. 3: Bonnaroo 2004 (Return to Thunderdome) Digital Deluxe now available for purchase on One Big Family site.
Came for the reverb, stayed for the jams

rkwedge

Quote from: MyYinzerJacket on May 02, 2023, 03:37 PMThis was also posted today:
MMJ Live Vol. 3: Bonnaroo 2004 (Return to Thunderdome) Digital Deluxe now available for purchase on One Big Family site.
This is also strange as that Digital Deluxe has been on the OBF website since March 30th, I purchased one then.
Seems like their playing catchup on their Social Media's today.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJTX

ya i wonder if an announcement on something had to be delayed and they just updated some social medias with "updates", hopefully we get something good today!
Anytime

MMJTX

Well i guess yesterday's announcement was live concert video of the Roo '04 performance. Pretty cool to have but was hoping for more (tour or album)

Hopefully we at least get OBH sales going soon and OBH lineup as well
Anytime

APR

Very cool that we'll be able to watch the 'Roo performance (or at least a good part of it) very soon. 

OBH sales/lineup won't be until the summer as per their announcement.  Hopefully we'll get fall tour news before that. 

Mr. White

Quote from: APR on May 04, 2023, 09:36 AMVery cool that we'll be able to watch the 'Roo performance (or at least a good part of it) very soon. 

OBH sales/lineup won't be until the summer as per their announcement.  Hopefully we'll get fall tour news before that. 

I don't think it will be a very long documentary, and it won't have all the set.

https://www.al.com/life/2023/05/my-morning-jackets-jim-james-songs-are-like-living-creatures-and-new-ones-are-coming.html

"I should mention that even though the band doesn't have a new album out, you do have a new release pending. It's called "Bonnaroo 2004 (Return to Thunderdome)" and it's the official vinyl release of a rainy, muddy festival set that has been described as legendary and iconic. What does it mean to you personally to have a set that people regard that way, 20 years later? - Interviewer Question to Jim

We've just really been geeking out on it, so much. We're just so grateful to still be around, grateful people are interested still. We're going to release a short film about that show sometime soon, in the next week or two, that we've been putting together. We had to dig and dig and find the footage from 20 years ago, and we were laughing so much about how much the world has changed. We all look so much younger. It's crazy seeing the kinds of cell phones people had back then. It's pre-smartphones, pre-everybody filming, pre-social media and all that stuff. It was kind of a cool way to look at the world. We were really just so grateful that we still enjoyed hearing the music and we still enjoy playing the music after all these years. So it was really cool to kind of dig back in and not only mix the music and listen to it but to look at that video too. They didn't film the entire set, everything that they filmed was three or four songs. And then we had some footage from that day, and we had people talk about it. So I'm glad for people to see that film we put together and take that walk down memory lane." - Jim
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

There it is....proof the show wasn't completely filmed, after all these years. I can say the Same isn't true for 2008 and thank God 2006.

But I'm excited for this film.i hope it's included with the package but if not, that's fine.
Got the show coming.
So I got tickets to MMJ in Arizona plus seeing the Cure next month, Flaming Lips in August and Ryan Adams and the Cardinals (DROOL) in October. Very excited for this year, especially to keep seeing songs I've never seen yet live.
Hope everyone is doing good, healthy and strong of mind, body and soul.
ROO 2004 LET'S GEAUX
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018