Main Menu

OBH 6?

Started by Zutroy, Apr 27, 2023, 05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rab7607

Locked in, hopefully we get a good view in the concert courtyard.

bobmono

Booked - ready to rock!

MMJTX

looks like concert courtyard rooms going quick, as expected.
Anytime

slappymoe

booked.  any speed readers out there who could read the entire terms and conditions in the allotted time?

walterfredo

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 12, 2023, 01:44 PMlooks like concert courtyard rooms going quick, as expected.

Yep! Was hoping to snag one but they were gone. Opted for the swim up room. All good!

MMJTX

Heaven Sky Terrace room booked!
So pumped to be going back to OBH
Anytime

rkwedge

We got a courtyard room so now just to see what view of the stage we have. Really doesn't matter as I'd rather be in the crowd and feel the energy and love. See some of you down there.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 12, 2023, 04:10 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 12, 2023, 01:44 PMlooks like concert courtyard rooms going quick, as expected.

Yep! Was hoping to snag one but they were gone. Opted for the swim up room. All good!

Lucky to snag a concert courtyard!  They were gone in about 5 minutes.

Which means.....pregame party at MMJCOBRA's and postgame swim at fredo's!!!

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: sillyboob on Jun 08, 2023, 02:26 PM
Quote from: dr_trousers on Jun 08, 2023, 02:07 PMI hate to be that guy, but that line up is so underwhelming, not to mention we've already got The War on Drugs and Dr. Dog (I know it's not the same, but still).

You can be that guy, but I'm stoked on this lineup.  Seeing TWOD headline the off night will be fantastic.  I kinda like getting a bit of OBH2 again.  Alvvays is great live, stoked to see The Walkmen & Angel Olsen, and some cool new bands to check out for sure.

Love this lineup!! Huge Dr Dog fan and had resigned myself to never seeing Scott's new band (really good stuff), plus WoD, Alvvays (been missing this band live for years), and Futurebirds (Carl will surely sit in on the entire set). And looking forward to checking out both Courtney Barnett and Angel Olsen!!

Probably my favorite lineup even against 2015 w War on Drugs, Dawes, Band of Horses, and Dr Dog. And even tho it was a pretty lame dj set, I cant lie, seeing Biz Markie was pretty awesome!

2018 was stacked too but still give the slight edge to 2024.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: rab7607 on Jun 08, 2023, 01:40 PMI'm going to miss PHJB at OBH, makes me sad. Not the same without them!

Holding out hope they're a late add. Pretty sure they've had a late add at least once.

brob

We got a concert courtyard room the during the 1:20 slot.  It was confusing because all the pregame concert courtyards were gone but not concert courtyard rooms.  Snagged one and just added the extra day.  I wanted the sky terrace but at that point I was a little stressed and just wanted to be sure I was on the courtyard. Cant wait!

Bulldog

Concert courtyard with double sky terrace and two pre-nights (by mistake)

rkwedge

Quote from: MMJCOBRA on Jun 12, 2023, 07:26 PM
Quote from: rab7607 on Jun 08, 2023, 01:40 PMI'm going to miss PHJB at OBH, makes me sad. Not the same without them!

Holding out hope they're a late add. Pretty sure they've had a late add at least once.
Yes they need to be there. Let's throw in a Kurt Vile add on to for a WoDs reunion.  :cheesy:

slappymoe

does anyone have an educated guess as to how many people are staying at unico?  can't help wondering how the overall vibe will be affected by adding hundreds (thousands?) of people to the concert courtyard every evening. the worrier in me is concerned that everything - concerts, pools, beaches, restaurants, bars, restrooms - will be considerably more crowded this time around. 

Bulldog

Quote from: slappymoe on Jun 18, 2023, 06:37 AMdoes anyone have an educated guess as to how many people are staying at unico?  can't help wondering how the overall vibe will be affected by adding hundreds (thousands?) of people to the concert courtyard every evening. the worrier in me is concerned that everything - concerts, pools, beaches, restaurants, bars, restrooms - will be considerably more crowded this time around. 

Will be interesting to watch if any categories sell out, but honestly I dont think they will sell many (just my gut feeling), as nice as the rooms look, who really wants to deal with getting bussed in and out. With the sellout no doubt it will fuller, I still remember that first year where it felt like we had the place to ourselfves, gawd was that fun !!!

slappymoe

according to the OBH site, 8 categories at unico are already sold out, about a dozen options remain.  but i have no idea how that translates into numbers of people.

i missed OBH1, but 2 and 3, even as sellouts, were a joy. total freedom of movement.  none of the elbow-to-elbow jockeying for position, packed-like-sardines feel that i've come to dislike so much as i get older.

hopefully i'm just fretting for nothing. 

rkwedge

Quote from: Bulldog on Jun 18, 2023, 09:55 AM
Quote from: slappymoe on Jun 18, 2023, 06:37 AMdoes anyone have an educated guess as to how many people are staying at unico?  can't help wondering how the overall vibe will be affected by adding hundreds (thousands?) of people to the concert courtyard every evening. the worrier in me is concerned that everything - concerts, pools, beaches, restaurants, bars, restrooms - will be considerably more crowded this time around. 

Will be interesting to watch if any categories sell out, but honestly I dont think they will sell many (just my gut feeling), as nice as the rooms look, who really wants to deal with getting bussed in and out. With the sellout no doubt it will fuller, I still remember that first year where it felt like we had the place to ourselfves, gawd was that fun !!!
All the "pre game and whole enchilada" packages for the Unico have already sold out. Scroll to the bottom of this to see the sold out Unico ones. https://mmjonebigholiday.com/pricing/

Bulldog

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 18, 2023, 10:15 AM
[/quote

All the "pre game and whole enchilada" packages for the Unico have already sold out. Scroll to the bottom of this to see the sold out Unico ones. https://mmjonebigholiday.com/pricing/

On the plus side....

The 448-room UNICO 20 87 Hotel Riviera Maya is a beautiful adult-only all-inclusive resort located on a lovely beach between Playa del Carmen and Tulum.

So looks to be allot smaller and isnt dedicated to OBH so they sell 200 rooms maybe thats an extra 400 people.

slappymoe

Quote from: Bulldog on Jun 19, 2023, 11:35 PM
[/quote

On the plus side....

The 448-room UNICO 20 87 Hotel Riviera Maya is a beautiful adult-only all-inclusive resort located on a lovely beach between Playa del Carmen and Tulum.

So looks to be allot smaller and isnt dedicated to OBH so they sell 200 rooms maybe thats an extra 400 people.
sounds reasonable. thanks for the intel. :thumbsup: