Main Menu

Tour 2024

Started by kintante5, Jan 24, 2024, 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kintante5

Should we expect a full blown tour again this year with the festival dates pouring out now, along with some red rocks rumors?  Anybody have any info?

Pineapple

I think we get a few more west coast dates in May/ June and then not much more until later in the year.
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

rdeiterding

I'm feeling/hoping for a year similar to 2022 or 2023 for number of shows (30-50 total shows). I think it will all depend on how soon the next album gets released as to which end of that range they might hit - more shows the sooner a new album is released this year.

With 4 festivals after OBH announced up to today - May (x2), June and September at this point, I could see a first leg West coast run of shows in between/around the May festival dates, and I would expect those would have to be announced relatively soon (by around the middle of Feb?). Additional legs could possibly be scheduled around the June and September festival appearances that have already been announced (2-4 weeks in June/July, 2-4 weeks in Aug/Sep including the rumoured Red Rocks dates). 

I don't think MMJ have ever just done some one off festival dates in the past, please let me know of examples if I'm missing some.  My expectation is for them to fill in some dates around the festival dates as it makes sense to do 2-4 weeks of shows once they get the tour machinery up and running.

kintante5

Another show announced.  Capitol groove in Hartford June 29th.  Hope more dates are coming soon.

logan5ive

Will there be any non-festival shows apart from OBH this year?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

Zutroy

Heard a few rumblings. My best guess is that there won't be a proper tour until the Fall. But I'm hoping they also reset those Mission NYE shows in Denver that were cancelled during the pandemic, particularly since the last Red Rocks slot for August got filled.

Before the Fall, I'm still hoping for a few shows sprinkled in here and there though, maybe in and around other announced fests.  But all I've heard are rumors that are, at best, rank speculation.

kintante5

Any interest in sharing that rank speculation?  I usually don't like doing festivals but am close to committing to capitol groove in Hartford Just to ensure another summer of seeing them.

MyYinzerJacket

From what I can tell, Red Rocks still has 8/2-3 and 8/16-17 open, so I'm still holding out hope for them to do a summer tour leg, with RR included.
Came for the reverb, stayed for the jams

ranyart

I'm sure festivals are generally good for bands because of stuff like they get more cash, get exposed to new people, and get the chance to see and even play with others.  But for fans they are definitely more expensive and require a way bigger commitment, and we're at the point where they are getting tough to justify.  But I have got to think that they will fill in the gaps between festivals with shows at the usual places, so we'll see what happens.

ranyart

Well here we are with most, or maybe all, of MMJ's 2024 tour announcements and we are shutout.  The upcoming MI/IL dates would have worked wonderfully, but the kids are coming home so that's that.  Bourbon & Beyond is on a wedding weekend, and the rest of the recently announced dates are out of bounds so here we are.

Enjoy what you can and hopefully we'll get some more 2024 shows announced.  :beer:

ericm

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 11, 2024, 06:51 PMWell here we are with most, or maybe all, of MMJ's 2024 tour announcements and we are shutout.  The upcoming MI/IL dates would have worked wonderfully, but the kids are coming home so that's that.  Bourbon & Beyond is on a wedding weekend, and the rest of the recently announced dates are out of bounds so here we are.

Enjoy what you can and hopefully we'll get some more 2024 shows announced.  :beer:

I'm hoping for more as well, and was holding out for another great multi night stand someplace but was lucky enough for them announcing a show close enough to me, and couldn't pass it up.

A Monday night in Savannah is a bit of a tough do, but being only a little more than a two hour drive away, I can take an afternoon off and then the following morning, so I was able to swing it.

Savannah is a cool, little, historical town with a really nice riverfront scene. Plenty of great places to stay, eat and drink all within walking distance to the Mercer Theatre. Here's hoping some more forum faithful make the show.
"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 11, 2024, 06:51 PMWell here we are with most, or maybe all, of MMJ's 2024 tour announcements and we are shutout.  The upcoming MI/IL dates would have worked wonderfully, but the kids are coming home so that's that.  Bourbon & Beyond is on a wedding weekend, and the rest of the recently announced dates are out of bounds so here we are.

I was disappointed the GR show in MI was sold out.  I would have loved to do the double in GR and the D!  But my wife and I are still doing Detroit! 

And then I was beyond stoked when they added the Cleveland show and it's the tour closer (for now) to boot!!!  :beer:

walterfredo

Based upon wording in the one of the emails that went out this week, I wouldn't expect any additional dates for 2024.

ranyart

We went ahead and got tickets for Alpharetta, GA.  I found some unused Delta miles so we got a good deal on flights.  Giddy up!

ericm

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 22, 2024, 04:31 PMWe went ahead and got tickets for Alpharetta, GA.  I found some unused Delta miles so we got a good deal on flights.  Giddy up!

Ahh man, do Savannah! It'll be a headlining show in a sweet Theater and not a split bill. Some great seats still available but it is a Monday night so not an easy do.

I'm living now in St. Augustine Fl and thinking about doing the co headliner show in Jacksonville but gonna wait to pull the trigger til I see set lengths and setlists.

After doing The Fillmore shows it'll be hard to see anything less than a Jacket headlining show for me, at least this year.

Alpharetta is a really nice venue and the staff is great as well, so enjoy that one.
"Where's Jim going?"

ranyart

Quote from: ericm on Jun 22, 2024, 04:53 PM
Quote from: ranyart on Jun 22, 2024, 04:31 PMWe went ahead and got tickets for Alpharetta, GA.  I found some unused Delta miles so we got a good deal on flights.  Giddy up!

Ahh man, do Savannah! It'll be a headlining show in a sweet Theater and not a split bill. Some great seats still available but it is a Monday night so not an easy do.

I'm living now in St. Augustine Fl and thinking about doing the co headliner show in Jacksonville but gonna wait to pull the trigger til I see set lengths and setlists.

After doing The Fillmore shows it'll be hard to see anything less than a Jacket headlining show for me, at least this year.

Alpharetta is a really nice venue and the staff is great as well, so enjoy that one.

We sure would love to catch Savannah, and we talked about how fun it would be to see both, but that would mean missing two days of work.  We're super happy we have a date with MMJ on the calendar finally, and at this point we'll take what we can get.

And thank goodness we have nugs.net  :headphones:

ericm

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 23, 2024, 05:12 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jun 22, 2024, 04:53 PM

We sure would love to catch Savannah, and we talked about how fun it would be to see both, but that would mean missing two days of work.  We're super happy we have a date with MMJ on the calendar finally, and at this point we'll take what we can get.

And thank goodness we have nugs.net  :headphones:

Yeah I get it. No doubt a tough show to make for a lot of fans especially being a Monday night. I'll be taking two half days off work to make the show and only have about a 2.5 hour drive to Savannah, so a bit easier to make for me than most non locals.

Glad you're getting your Jacket fix and enjoy Alpharetta.
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: ericm on Jun 11, 2024, 07:21 PM

I'm hoping for more as well, and was holding out for another great multi night stand someplace but was lucky enough for them announcing a show close enough to me, and couldn't pass it up.

A Monday night in Savannah is a bit of a tough do, but being only a little more than a two hour drive away, I can take an afternoon off and then the following morning, so I was able to swing it.

Savannah is a cool, little, historical town with a really nice riverfront scene. Plenty of great places to stay, eat and drink all within walking distance to the Mercer Theatre. Here's hoping some more forum faithful make the show.
I love your adventurism, Eric
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

I feel blessed they're back im Utah for a second time in 2 years, this time at a very cool locale in Park City. Lots of sentimental memories there for me.

I know a lot of fans are having to make do with what's possible and travel to see the band this year.
Their show at Red Butte in August 2022 feels like a lifetime ago.
However, it still feels like the band are in that same era...this post pandemic era of Jim in the sleeveless cut off t shirts gettin down and dirty, no sunglasses, Carl's ever expanding, ever psychedelic guitar collection, Bo running the set lists, Patrick's two bass drum set up, we'll remember this era as one of their greatest, and I'm proud it's been the era I've seen them most.
Would've given a lot to see multiple August 2012 shows, was blessed I got an amazing one, so the fact they'll be in my own backyard for a second time in 2 years during this unbelievable era of rejuvenation and rebirth, I'm tickled, I'm itched, I'm glowing gloriously.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 04, 2024, 11:23 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jun 11, 2024, 07:21 PM

I love your adventurism, Eric

Haha, gotta feed that Jones!

4.5-5 hour drive round trip and losing a couple of half days at work is small price to pay for a Jacket fix.

Enjoy your show Lonn and it won't be long now. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

"Where's Jim going?"