Main Menu

Tour 2024

Started by kintante5, Jan 24, 2024, 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek713

I was just looking at Stubhub and they are showing a November 2nd show in LA. It says tickets not available yet but you can join the list. Any idea if this is real or if there are any other potential shows for the year?

Zooey

It was a mistake. I bought tickets and got a refund.

"My Morning Jacket Event
Hello,
Due to unforeseen circumstances, this event was placed on sale when it was never meant to be.
We have refunded the full price of all online orders back to the card used at checkout. Please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to return to your account.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.
Best,
See Tickets"

ranyart

Quote from: Zooey on Sep 04, 2024, 03:44 PMIt was a mistake. I bought tickets and got a refund.

"My Morning Jacket Event
Hello,
Due to unforeseen circumstances, this event was placed on sale when it was never meant to be.
We have refunded the full price of all online orders back to the card used at checkout. Please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to return to your account.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.
Best,
See Tickets"

This blows my mind.  How the F did StubHub allow this to happen?  Just another example of how shady the whole concert ticket deal is, but it is reassuring that you are getting your money back ASAP Zooey.  Sheesh...

sillyboob

Quote from: Zooey on Sep 04, 2024, 03:44 PMIt was a mistake. I bought tickets and got a refund.

"My Morning Jacket Event
Hello,
Best,
See Tickets"

Where was the show going to be?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Zooey

Not even a real venue LOL

The Old Office
2808 Elm Street
LA, CA

sillyboob

Quote from: Zooey on Sep 08, 2024, 12:17 PMNot even a real venue LOL

The Old Office
2808 Elm Street
LA, CA

How strange.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ranyart

We finally made it to our first MMJ show in 2024!  We flew to Atlanta and back for the trip, which was good fun for us.  We went with friends who are big Nathaniel Rateliff fans and had never seen MMJ live before.  We had never been to a show at Ameris Bank Amphitheater before, and frankly I was amazed at how nice the place was - probably one of my favorite outdoor venues I have ever been to the only irritation was the concessions were a complete ripoff ($60 for a bottle of $8 wine and $7 for a can of water really?).

The music was fantastic!  Both sets were great.  Both had excellent colabs with the other band.  Everyone and everything sounded great.  But I have to say this 90 minute set deal left me feeling a bit underwhelmed.  I don't think I have ever been to a rock-and-roll show where the headliner played 90 minutes, so once the show hit nugs I did the math and it came to exactly 90.65 minutes, and that includes the intro and outro music that was included on the nugs recording.  And MMJ even went 10 minutes over curfew to get their full 90 minutes in.

I'm sure the band has good reasons to go down the co-headlining and 90 minute headlining path here in 2024, but I have got to say again that this show was simply not enough, at least for me, for all the time, energy, and money it took for us to get to see it.  I love MMJ, and I especially love seeing them live, but here we are at the end of MMJ's 2024 touring for us and I feel like I did after seeing a single show in 2019 at Forest Hills - wanting way more than we got - except the show in 2019 was a monster set and frankly this was not.

I'm feeling super uncertain about 2025 and beyond now.  I know there is new music on the horizon, and my hope is this breathes some new life into our favorite band.  But the set we saw had nothing from the three albums past Circuital, which I find strange.  I'm definitely looking forward to the new album, but as far as seeing MMJ live goes all I have to say is thank goodness for having these shows available for download on nugs.

jordan

Quote from: ranyart on Today at 10:47 AMWe finally made it to our first MMJ show in 2024!  We flew to Atlanta and back for the trip, which was good fun for us.  We went with friends who are big Nathaniel Rateliff fans and had never seen MMJ live before.  We had never been to a show at Ameris Bank Amphitheater before, and frankly I was amazed at how nice the place was - probably one of my favorite outdoor venues I have ever been to the only irritation was the concessions were a complete ripoff ($60 for a bottle of $8 wine and $7 for a can of water really?).

The music was fantastic!  Both sets were great.  Both had excellent colabs with the other band.  Everyone and everything sounded great.  But I have to say this 90 minute set deal left me feeling a bit underwhelmed.  I don't think I have ever been to a rock-and-roll show where the headliner played 90 minutes, so once the show hit nugs I did the math and it came to exactly 90.65 minutes, and that includes the intro and outro music that was included on the nugs recording.  And MMJ even went 10 minutes over curfew to get their full 90 minutes in.

I'm sure the band has good reasons to go down the co-headlining and 90 minute headlining path here in 2024, but I have got to say again that this show was simply not enough, at least for me, for all the time, energy, and money it took for us to get to see it.  I love MMJ, and I especially love seeing them live, but here we are at the end of MMJ's 2024 touring for us and I feel like I did after seeing a single show in 2019 at Forest Hills - wanting way more than we got - except the show in 2019 was a monster set and frankly this was not.

I'm feeling super uncertain about 2025 and beyond now.  I know there is new music on the horizon, and my hope is this breathes some new life into our favorite band.  But the set we saw had nothing from the three albums past Circuital, which I find strange.  I'm definitely looking forward to the new album, but as far as seeing MMJ live goes all I have to say is thank goodness for having these shows available for download on nugs.

I was there as well and I can agree, you can never have enough live MMJ. I've been through 4 hours of MMJ at Roo and could have stayed longer.  But with the lack of quantity on this tour, at least in Alpharetta, the Jacket made up with quality. This was an amazing show and quite frankly, I prefer the older stuff and was blessed with a full show of Circuital and earlier. I absolutely loved it!  I'm not disappointed in the least. 

ericm

Quote from: ranyart on Today at 10:47 AMWe finally made it to our first MMJ show in 2024!  We flew to Atlanta and back for the trip, which was good fun for us.  We went with friends who are big Nathaniel Rateliff fans and had never seen MMJ live before.  We had never been to a show at Ameris Bank Amphitheater before, and frankly I was amazed at how nice the place was - probably one of my favorite outdoor venues I have ever been to the only irritation was the concessions were a complete ripoff ($60 for a bottle of $8 wine and $7 for a can of water really?).

I feel ya man. After being fortunate to get out to SF for all four Fillmore shows, I couldn't bring myself to go to one of these co-headline shows because I knew as good as the short sets would be, it wouldn't be enough for me.

I set my sights on Savannah and I'm hoping they're looking to bust out of the short set routine and rock that sweet looking theater to its core!
"Where's Jim going?"