Main Menu

New to board

Started by theenglishman, Apr 17, 2005, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theenglishman

Hi, I am new to board.

I am from Manchester , England and love MMj so much. I love a lot of similar music and Americana style music like The Band, Neil Young, Dylan, etc. I love Lynyrd Skynyrd. I also love lots of other music like Big Star, The Byrds, led Zepplin , Jeff Buckley and British groups like the Stones, Zep, The Smiths, The Stone Roses, Joy Division and New Order.

Theres too many bands to list here.

I look foward to contirbuting to the board.

Thanks ,

James

SMc55

Hi James, nice to meet you. Welcome to the board. There are a few of us Brits here. We're hoping for a tour this summer. Have you seen them live?

corey

We don't take kindly to strangers!

:)
Just kidding.
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=37417

I just downloaded this SBD show from The Band last night. It sounds great. Get it if you don't already have it.

SMc55

QuoteHi, I am new to board.

I am from Manchester ,

Got to ask - are you a Man U fan? Just watched them whopp my team  :'(   Dream over for yet another year.

Chills

Hi James, welcome to the board!
You seem to have a fine taste in music and you love Big Star too, that's pretty cool.

Oh yeah doctorinthehouse, I watched the game too, I'm kind of a Man U supporter  8).
It seems there's a lot of work for Newcastle...hope it betters soon for you. All respect for Allan Shearer though, he's still great!

SMc55

Thanks, Chills. Shearer is the greatest, and you're right, there's a lot to do. Just wish some of them would stop acting like idiots.

theenglishman

QuoteHi James, nice to meet you. Welcome to the board. There are a few of us Brits here. We're hoping for a tour this summer. Have you seen them live?

Hi thanks for the message.

I seen them live i think last year or year before... they played at manchester Academy 3 and it was stunning. I havent seen anything like them live.

I hope they tour again soon.

James

theenglishman

QuoteWe don't take kindly to strangers!

:)
Just kidding.
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=37417

I just downloaded this SBD show from The Band last night. It sounds great. Get it if you don't already have it.

Thanks I will check that out. Good to see fellow Band fans.

theenglishman

Got to ask - are you a Man U fan? Just watched them whopp my team  :'(   Dream over for yet another year.

Yes, I support MUFC and watched the game. I have attended many matches at Old Trafford in the last few years being a season ticket holder and membership holder. Seen them in all their victories in Europe in the 90's, like when they beat juventus at home and when they beat Porto 4-0 (was it 4 or 5).

Thanks for the message.

peanut butter puddin surprise

yo, a big ol welcome to ya!  thanks for becoming part of our lil community on the 'net.  enjoy your stay and come back often!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

CC

hey, another Buckley fan! can't have enough of those :)

welcome englishman!

sweatboard

Welcome to the forum James, you have fine taste in music.  Hope you enjoy the site.
There's Still Time.........

urbanboho

i am new too. figured i would say hello on this thread as opposed to starting a whole new one. i go by the name of grady i enjoy mmj quite a bit. also i dont like to capitalize anything. thats all. nice to meet everyone.

Billy_Pilgrim

Welcome aboard pal,

I'm from England too, there seems to be quite a few of us here.

Let's all just hope that the boys tour over here again soon. I missed them last time and I'm really gutted about it.

By the way, I would like to agree with everyone who has said that you have a great taste in music. It's pretty much identical to mine.
Why's it sooo soft when the cannons unload on the others?
Why're we so loud when we say it wont happen to us?

ChiefOKONO

WELCOME!! enjoy your stay..

p.s. Jeff Buckley is AMAZING!!!!

peanut butter puddin surprise

welcome aboard mate!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

theenglishman

QuoteWelcome aboard pal,

I'm from England too, there seems to be quite a few of us here.

Let's all just hope that the boys tour over here again soon. I missed them last time and I'm really gutted about it.

By the way, I would like to agree with everyone who has said that you have a great taste in music. It's pretty much identical to mine.

Thanks