Put my mind at ease

Started by otter, Jan 24, 2004, 12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

I'm starting to get a little worried about the events that have unfolded. This is certainly not meant as any disrespect to the new guys as I have not even heard them yet, nor to Danny ....but I am really worried that Johnny's absence will be sorely missed. I've been listening to the boys a lot lately and his sound is so unique....the way he plays his guitar, is not something you can replicate....I don't think if someone picked up John's actual guitar could they make it sound like he does.

I am very curious to hear the new sound, so to any of you that might have taped any shows from this leg of the tour...get a copy to John C soon so we can hear on the FTP what Carl's and Bo's input sounds like? Again, this is just me worrying what Johnny brought to the table with his energy and creativity.

marktwain

I know my wife wonders if the new guys will be as cute as Johnny. :(

Oz

The real danger would ofcourse be if the new guys are even cuter than Johnny. Then maybe we'll soon have the entire Justin Timberlake-fanclub on this board!  :o :o :o
I'm ready when you are

Oz

But yes, otter, the MMJ-sound will definitely change... but change is not necessarily bad. And the songs by Jim will still be the heart of the band, so I don't think they will suddenly turn into crap.
I'm ready when you are