Main Menu

Mahgeetah

Started by johnconaway, Sep 13, 2004, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

didn't listen to this for a while, and am listening to it now.  holy crap, now i know why i love this band so much!  thoughts?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

I haven't listened to it for a while either. I remember I can't stop myself smiling when I hear it. Not that I can think of a time when I'd want to stop myself smiling  :-/    Maybe at a funeral, I suppose, but I'd be unlikely to hear Magheeta at one of those.

Anyway, talking crap is my displacement activity. I'm supposed to be working. I keep checking out the forum while I'm writing notes for a class I'm giving about oxidative phosphorylation in muscle tissue. Believe me it's about as interesting as it sounds.

Maybe I'll treat myself to a blast of ISM when I've finished  :D

trade ya...tax software issues are far more boring, I'm sure! ;)

SMc55

sweatboard

"Maybe at a funeral, I suppose, but I'd be unlikely to hear Magheeta at one of those."

Unless it's mine!  :D

If your were going to have a MMJ song played at your funeral which one would it be?

There's Still Time.........

SMc55

Golden, I think. Or possibly Hopefully.

Oh bother! I'll never get my work finished now  :D

No funeral for me.  I've been to my fill of them, and I find the practice kind of macabre.  (for me, that is...I know it's important to others)

Cremation for me, followed by a large party of all my friends and family.  Since the party will last a long time (hopefully), the entire catalog could be played!

Then, my ashes are to be dispersed in two places:  

1.  Red River Gorge, Kentucky
2.  Ohiopyle, Youghagheny River, Pennsylvania

Both very rural, nature type settings that I've had many countless moments of peace, reflection, and joy.

katkillad

My funeral mmj song would be "if it smashes down"  :'(.  It's got a little bit of everything in it for me...and its relatively sad.  

wordawg

Quote2.  Ohiopyle, Youghagheny River, Pennsylvania
quote]

Is this an anagram John or does it really exist?

(If its real how the hell do you pronounce it?)
the future is Ginger

MMJ_fanatic

I keep checking out the forum while I'm writing notes for a class I'm giving about oxidative phosphorylation in muscle tissue.  

this is my favorite subject matter from biology muscle is a  very interesting organ, you should be listening to MMJ while you're writing your notes!

jc--cremation alll the way man!  I just can't see taking up a big plot of ground for a fancy box that's just going to rot eventually.  cremation feels like a completion to the circle our lives are supposed to be to--I'm glad Mahgeetah showed up before my circle closed! :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

SMc55

I'm glad Mahgeetah showed up before my circle closed! :D

What a nice way of expressing it  :)

The trouble with listening to music while I work is I start thinking, then singing, then dancing. The notes are done now, so I'm going to listen to ISM in the bath  8)

MMJ_fanatic

there's a saucy image if ever there was one  ;)

sweatboard

I've requested to be burried at sea, I've heard it's illegal now, is that true?  I want my body to become part of the earth as soon as possible.  MY next plan is just to be burried in the ground without a box.  I think this is illegal also so my final plan is to just get a really cheap ass biodegradable box that will deteriorate very quickly.  I think At Dawn would be good.  

P.S. I know my spelling sucks, please don't make fun of me. Thanks,

Brian
There's Still Time.........

SMc55

I've never had any trouble reading or understanding what you're saying Brian and that's what matters, isn't it?

I think the biodegradable box idea is an excellent one. There's a whole industry doing their best to shame people's loved ones into spending more than they can afford on fancy coffins and shit. I'd much rather the money went on a big party.

SMc55

I think I'd like Simon and Garfunkel's Feelin' Groovy played at some point.

"Slow down you move too fast.
You've got to make the mornin' last"

and

"Life, I love you. All is groovy"

just about sum up my philosophy on life  :D

MMJ_fanatic

P.S. I know my spelling sucks, please don't make fun of me. Thanks,

Brian

awww your spelling is just fine Brian  :D

Quote2.  Ohiopyle, Youghagheny River, Pennsylvania
quote]

Is this an anagram John or does it really exist?

(If its real how the hell do you pronounce it?)

it's real, for sure...

yock-a-gainey is how its pronounced.  fabulous place.  it has an old railroad line that has been converted into a long biking trail.  12 miles long, all straight and flat, above the river i've posted here.... :)