How do you describe the feeling...

Started by johnconaway, Sep 28, 2004, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

What would be your description of the feelings you get when you hear the band's music?  Is it different from song to song, album to album?  Do live shows that you attend make it more "special" for you than ones you haven't?  

For me, the feelings are so powerful.  I can recall hearing Jim's voice for the very first time and feeling the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.  I can recall being at traffic lights at 4 a.m. with "Steam Engine" blaring for the 9000th time and being absolutely haunted by the crescendo ending, again and again.  I've been camping in the middle of nowhere playing "At Dawn" on a jambox by campfire and feeling like the the woodland creatures of the night are stirring just to hear the sounds.  I've been sitting at my desk at work listening to "Run Thru" and getting the courage to go tell the boss to stick it where the sun don't shine.

How about YOU?  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Sal Paradise

Yeah, the first time I heard that voice it seemed like time had stopped. Magic. There's tons of feelings when I listen to their music. The best feeling is when I'm totally shitfaced, I put on At Dawn and get totally absorbed by it.
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

DaveStarck

I quit listening to MMJ a couple years ago.  I had only listened to them a few times.  Then I started breathing the music in, letting it fill up my soul, ice my veins, warm my heart.  I don't think I've been a single day since then without breathing in a daily dosage.  It can take care of any situation.  Fire me up, mellow me out, empathize with my sadness...there are songs for every possible emotion and situation.  The soul knows what it needs and MMJ is always there to deliver.
Everything it seems I like's a little bit stronger

MMJ_fanatic

usually a band that I go totally crazy for first has to have the sneaky effect of quietly raisingthe hairs on the back of my neck and raising goosebumps on my flesh with what they do.  not only did MMJ do both of these but they also pumped up my heart rate and gave me new exciting hope for the future of the American music scene.  :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

katkillad

chills and happiness...i literally get chills all the time just listening to their cds while driving around with the windows down.  The only other thing that can give me chills is a lovely lady...  When I saw mmj in concert...it was over with.

lfish

No words to describe.  Every time I have different feelings.
lfish

EC

Well, I haven't had my stuff because it's been in storage for the last two months, and I have really been missing my music.  Yesterday I helped my roomate move her stuff into our new place (I move on Wednesday), and it took us 17 hours.  I'm not even exaggerating.  Today I went in to clean and paint, and her cd player was hooked up, and I was so tired and not looking forward to the day AT ALL.  And then I looked through her cds and found an introductory MMJ that I'd made for her, and I was so damn happy to hear it.  It made my day bearable.

Oz

I don't really see the point in describing those feelings - just feel ' em, my brothers and sisters!
I'm ready when you are