Acoustic Citsuoca

Started by admin, Apr 11, 2004, 10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Now that is one cool review! Sure, it's critical, but at least it's more than just 'yeah, it's great' or 'nah, it sucks'. And ofcourse the mentioning of Michael Stipe had me smiling. :)
I'm ready when you are

Tameegee

QuoteNow that is one cool review! Sure, it's critical, but at least it's more than just 'yeah, it's great' or 'nah, it sucks'. And ofcourse the mentioning of Michael Stipe had me smiling. :)
Hey, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Stipe in your pic??  ;)
tameegee in sc

Oz

Hey, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Stipe in your pic??  ;)

;D
I'm ready when you are

Tameegee

Anybody picking up the vinyl version of AC next month?  I haven't had a 'red' vinyl album since people said 'groovy.'
I haven't picked it up on disc yet, but surely will.  There's something mystical about a MMJ show on Halloween.  Especially when they're playing "THE BEAR."  :o  That was the first MMJ song that I ever heard and boy what an introduction.  

Stopped off at the wine shop yesterday afternoon and they were giving out samples of that new Aspen "low carb" beer that Coors is using Mahgeetah for in commercials.  Actually, not alot of flavor...even ice cold.  :(    

Happy weekend my new friends !

"Im in love with this soul, it's a meaning that I understand."
tameegee in sc

Oz

I still don't have this EP, I'm waiting for the vinyl edition.
I'm ready when you are

Tameegee

QuoteI still don't have this EP, I'm waiting for the vinyl edition.
So, how are the vinyls sounding these days?  

I have plenty from the 60s-90s, but haven't bought anything other than CDs for the past 10+ years.
tameegee in sc

Oz

Personally, I love the sound of vinyl. It's such a warm sound, and especially stuff like MMJ deserves a rich, warm vinyl-sound. CDs have just a tiny bit of a cleaner sound.
I'm ready when you are

marktwain

Yeah, it's only an EP, but is anybody else surprised that this hasn't been at the top of anybody's "Top Albums of the Year" list?   Man, this disc is AMAZING!

EC

Oh my lord, this is retarded.  Why is it so good?  

Now, just to open up old news, what's the deal?  Is this actually from a real show, or is it like when Gram and the band played Montreal?  (ie, not true)

Not that I care.  It doesn't matter.  

antoniostrohs

From my understanding and according to our local record store(ear-x-tacy),that it was a fake show put together from various live performances.But it's still a great sounding live disc and well worth having.

EC

Aha.  Thanks antoniostrohs.  You're right.  It's very worth having.

And I think it's okay to lie about stuff being recorded all at once, but ONLY if you say it was on Hallowe'en.  I'll reconsult my lawbook, but I'm pretty sure that's the deal.  ;)