Chocolate and Ice

Started by inertiatic_jpc, Jan 30, 2005, 11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inertiatic_jpc

I have a question about a track  on the Choc and Ice EP. I hope that this question has not beeen asked before and apologise if it has,  but:

Would someone please tell me who is speaking on the song  "its been a great 3 or 4 years". I'm guessing its Johnny or danny,  and if so... what exactly are they talking about?

some help thanks

EC

I think it's Johnny - doesn't he say "it's your favourite cousin" or something like that?  

Jellyfish

That rant is funny the first couple o times you hear it,after that it is annoying. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Elizanne33

He says "your favorite cousin on the Quaid side of the family"

tomEisenbraun

QuoteThat rant is funny the first couple o times you hear it,after that it is annoying. ;)

it is indeed a rant? He left of his own free will though, right? Or, eh, my MMJ history isn't quite perfect. What's he on about? It sounds pretty friendly to me.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

it is indeed a rant? He left of his own free will though, right? Or, eh, my MMJ history isn't quite perfect. What's he on about? It sounds pretty friendly to me.

That's my feeling, too, Eisey.  It was put out in 2002, so that's a fair amount of time before Johnny left the band.  There's probably a whole lot of inside information going on that we don't know about.

But I kind of dig it.

Garth69

Anybody who knows John knows that he can stretch a voicemail or phone conversation on FOREVER like he does on this 'track'. It's pretty funny; he can't just hang up.  

EC

QuoteAnybody who knows John knows that he can stretch a voicemail or phone conversation on FOREVER like he does on this 'track'. It's pretty funny; he can't just hang up.  

I have a few pals like that.  :)

Hell, I'M like that.  

MMJ_fanatic

Yeah that is extremely annoying at times--my sis is a chronic vm rambler--I twirl my finger at the phone like get to tha point already! :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

QuoteYeah that is extremely annoying at times--my sis is a chronic vm rambler--I twirl my finger at the phone like get to tha point already! :D

I know.  The rambling people of the world apologize.

:)  

MMJ_fanatic

Jellyfish

My deal is if I am grooving to that disc,I don't wanna hear that ramble in the middle of those beautiful tunes. So I just skip over it.Like I said,it was funny the first few times you hear it. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

MMJ_fanatic

yeah man I think their point was its just a goof--I blow it off too

inertiatic_jpc

thanks  , i should have paid more attention to the 'cousin' part

Oz

I'm really bad at speaking in voicemails. I'm like:
"Oh, hi, err... Yeah, I was, I was err, I called you because I wanted to ask about err... about tonight. You know, if you're still coming. So.... So yeah, are you still coming? Well, I don't know if you're gonna hear this in time, but if you do, could you call me to say if you're still coming and if you don't, I mean, if you don't hear this in time, well, then... Err... Ehm, maybe I'll try later. Yeah. Err... So, eh, bye."
I'm ready when you are

mmjmmjmmj

i always thought it was a sad goodbye before a tragic siucide
maybe im inserting my own experinces tho

The Boar

Ummmm, is this a cry for help?!?! Dude, don't do it! All joking aside here, the world has lost too many beautiful people this way!

MMJ_fanatic

Quotei always thought it was a sad goodbye before a tragic siucide
maybe im inserting my own experinces tho

naw--just reminiscing

Oz

By the way, intertiatic_jpc, that's one mighty cool Mars Volta pic you've got there! They absolutely rock my pants off! :)
I'm ready when you are