Thought you'd like to know....

Started by Andrew, Mar 15, 2005, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar

For those familiar, I was listening to NPR's "Marketplace" a few minutes ago, and lo and behold, the sweet melody of the opening bars of One Big Holiday graced my ears to my very great delight. Alas, the clip ended before the "sonic orgasm" at the opening, but I for one am glad to know that MMJ is still turning heads and making the airwaves a year-and-a-half after they're last album was released.

For those that care, the next music button they played was "Wild Pack of Family Dogs" by Modest Mouse. Sounds like the people over at Marketplace know their music.

BIGVICLBI

I heard mmj being played in the summeron npr, but I can't remember what song. It was wordless. Does anyone know that mmj's song was on an Aspen Edge beer commecial? I know it was them, but I have never seen it mentioned here before. Maybe before my time.

thebigbang

QuoteI heard mmj being played in the summeron npr, but I can't remember what song. It was wordless. Does anyone know that mmj's song was on an Aspen Edge beer commecial? I know it was them, but I have never seen it mentioned here before. Maybe before my time.

I  HEARD THE Beer commercial in question and it sounded like instrumental music from Mageetah, no singing.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

The Boar

Yeah, we talked about it last summer. It was from the instrumental on Magheeta.

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.