Austin City Limits

Started by vielfras, Mar 25, 2005, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vielfras

Anyone know of where I could download the songs played when Jim, M. Ward and Bright Eyes were on ACL.  I have part of it saved on my tivo and am thinking of hooking my computer up to it and getting it that way.

However my fiancee really doesn't appreciate the computer in the living room.  I am just hoping to save some time and hassle.

Also anyone know where I could get MMJ's cover of Easy by the commodores.  I love that song.

Thanks in advance.
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

Chills

I think you can find it somewhere on Mr John Conaway's Ftp server, give him your e-mail and he'll set you up, if he finds the time.

vielfras

When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

Gripe

I'd love to see MMJ play Austin City Limits. (What a dumb and obvious start to a post.) I saw a great one a while back with Beck and the Flaming Lips - damn fine show.
I remember a couple good ones with Stevie Ray Vaughn "back in the day", as well. It was interesting to see how much sweatier he was the first time, when he was known to be dipping into the heroin (..it's my wife, and it's my life/and I think but I just don't know...). He apparently was clean the second time around, so I had to content myself with watching his flying fingers instead of his flying beads of salty perspiration.  

P.S. First one to name the band, song and album that produced the above parenthetical lyrics gets a...firm handshake, I guess.