Bermuda Highway

Started by JacketGirl, Apr 05, 2005, 09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketGal

Listening to this on Acoustic Cit...I heard it as if I'd never heard it before. I'm now really into this song and it got me thinking, are there any songs you first heard & really dug...but then you heard them again, different time,place maybe and they completely f*ckin' BLOW YOUR MIND??

:D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

all my life is obscene

yea...i was listening to at dawn as i drove to a doctor's appointment the other day. i was a bit early, so when i pulled into the parking lot i just left the cd playing and took a little nap...and as i drifted off to sleep jim's sweet vocals on strangulation carried me into dream land...somewhere in between awake and asleep.  I'd always loved the song, but i appreciated the song in such a new way...just like you said: it blew my mind. i was fully awakened as the song built into its tremendous finale, and just sat there blown away by its brilliance.  rock on.
Music is my savior
I was maimed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
I was tamed by rock and roll
I got my name from rock and roll
-Tweedy

EC

Hey, that happened to me with Strangulation, too.  Not going to the dentist, but really really late one night with headphones on.  I couldn't sleep, and I was trying to lie there and empty my brain, and by the time Strangulation came on, I felt like I was just a receiver, and then when it was finished I was like "holy shit".  I couldn't sleep but I did just lay there for a long time thinking about it.  :)

The Boar

I Will Sing You Songs

PS - JacketGirl, I sent you a personal message.  :)

sweatboard

I was actually listening to AcousticCitsuoca last night and "Golden" Hit me harder than it ever has.  The lyrics are Spine Tingeling.  
There's Still Time.........

JacketGal

QuoteI Will Sing You Songs

PS - JacketGirl, I sent you a personal message.  :)

Got it and done :) Before you move!!

QuoteI was actually listening to AcousticCitsuoca last night and "Golden" Hit me harder than it ever has.  The lyrics are Spine Tingeling.  

O' so true! Golden is timeless, imho!

The Boar

QuoteGot it and done :) Before you move!!

THANK YOU! I can't wait.  :-*

tomEisenbraun

That happened to me with I Think I'm Goin to Hell after i saw the parkign garage video. I had always skipped tat one for some reason. So then I went and learned it on guitar, and it's probably one of my top five fave MMJ songs.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

sweatboard

If Jim had never done anything but sing "I Think I'm Goin To Hell" in a parking garrage his life would be a complete success.  I keep trying to uderstand how people were walking right past him and not even slowing down.  

Oz

As I've said before, that was definitely the case with 'Mahgeeta' for me. Apart from that, I've had it with a lot of CDs of mine. I bought them, liked them but not so much, put them away, and months or even years later I play them again and I can't enough of it. Some that jump to my mind:

Joy Division - Unknown pleasures (I'm into that right now)
Police - Regatte de blanc(he?)
The Notwist - Neon Golden
Pavement - Crooked rain, crooked rain
I'm ready when you are

EC

QuoteIf Jim had never done anything but sing "I Think I'm Goin To Hell" in a parking garrage his life would be a complete success.  I keep trying to uderstand how people were walking right past him and not even slowing down.  
:)  (I still haven't seen it yet.  I tried, but couldn't figure it out.  I should try again.)

And O, I'm with you on Regatta De Blanc.  I love every song on that.  There's not a dud in the batch, and the sequencing is really flowing, too.  I think my favourite is Bed's Too Big Without You, but even writing that feels wrong.

JacketGal

Jim in a parking garage, singing?? I really need to delve in more to the Jacket this summer...life's too busy now. I love how everyone here is so passionate, it makes the experience of loving this band much more satisfying. OK, enough gushing for one morning. ;)

This also happened to me with the Jayhawks, particularly "Save it for a Rainy Day.' I liked it well enough but I was sent an AMAZING live show with this song on it and it just did me in the next time I heard it. It's funny after that you crave to hear the song as if you need it for sustenance??

Builtolast

Does anyone know where I can get this "parking garage" video?  I would love to see it, thanks.

tomEisenbraun

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/groups/index.jsp?groups=2601501

just click on the "I Think I'm Going to Hell" video at the bottom. Your cursor may turn into the typing cursor, instead of the little hand to click on it, but just click when your over the text and it shodl pop up in RealPlayer.

Cheers!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

sweatboard