Started by LaurieBlue, Jul 09, 2005, 06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/06/2708.cfm

My Morning Jacket Step Out Of The Closet For New Disc
Monday June 27, 2005 @ 03:00 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

My Morning Jacket  

My Morning Jacket have ironed themselves out for the September release of their fourth studio record, titled Z.

The Southern rock 'n' roll five piece recently added guitarist Carl Broemel and keyboardist Bo Koster, who've influenced their new sound.

The other prominent musical force behind the band's latest project and experimental sound is Radiohead/New Order producer John Leckie.

The 10 track album features a variety of genres, including vintage guitar sounds on "Wordless Chorus," and reggae/rock grooves with soul-driven instrumentals on "Off The Record."

MMJ's previous release was 2003's It Still Moves, which sold more than 127,000 copies in the U.S. after debuting at No. 2 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart.

Z is scheduled for release on September 20.

The band open for Wilco in Montreal, their only Canadian date, on June 28 at the Metropolis.

Track list For My Morning Jacket's Z:

"Wordless Chorus"
"It Beats For You"
"Gideon"
"What A Wonderful Man"
"Off The Record"
"Into The Woods"
"Anytime"
"Lay Low"
"Knot Comes Loose"
"Dondante"
—Ashley Spegel

EC

I just have to say that I'm really excited for this song called "Wordless Chorus".

I'm envisioning a lot of harmony.  Oooooooh boy!

ratsprayer

im really excited for this album "Z"    ;D

tomEisenbraun

I'm excited to hear all of it, but I wish there was more that I haven't already, because there will only be three truly new songs on this album when I get it, which is still fine by me, but I defintely wouldn't mind a bonus disc  ;)

And as for this "space-rocker" Gideon, I'm very highly anticipating. I just hope I get some sort of reward for getting an LP and one of the first CDs.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

McGuire

QuoteI'm excited to hear all of it, but I wish there was more that I haven't already, because there will only be three truly new songs on this album when I get it

Yeah, that sucks doesn't it? I wish they hadn't played all these new songs live! No wait, if they hadn't we would have to bitch about that instead. This band sucks. Snoogans.

Where have you heard all these new songs anyway? I only know five:
"It Beats For You"  
"What A Wonderful Man"  
"Off The Record"  
"Lay Low"  
"Dondante"
All right, all right I'll ask her. Miss, miss! Do you know where the high school girls hang out around here? What? What? That's right, I'm the asshole! I'm the asshole!

ratsprayer

Yeah, that sucks doesn't it? I wish they hadn't played all these new songs live! No wait, if they hadn't we would have to bitch about that instead. This band sucks. Snoogans.

Where have you heard all these new songs anyway? I only know five:
"It Beats For You"  
"What A Wonderful Man"  
"Off The Record"  
"Lay Low"  
"Dondante"

i think theres some speculation the new song performed at the randolph st festival is "into the woods" since it has that lyric in there.  the 7th song is a mystery to me, though.  

tomEisenbraun

Well, they played "Into the Woods" at the chicago show a couple weeks ago, and "Knot Comes Loose" is the final reworked edition of Oxen/How Could I Know. To tell the truth, I really prefer the acoustic version of it. That said, I haven't had the chance to hear ANY of these in their full album glory, so I would assume they still have a few surprises up their sleeves.

;D

rmwehner

wow i am glad the "oxen/how could i know" would be on there. good explination eisley

aMillionDreams

Quotewow i am glad the "oxen/how could i know" would be on there. good explination eisley

Actually it's not the most accurate explanation.  "Knot Comes Loose" is not a reworking of "Oxen/How Could I Know".  It's a completely different song.  Oxen is not on the new CD, at least the one that leaked a few weeks ago.  (I'm not try to spoil anything for anyone, I just didn't want that kind of misinformation out there).
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

tomEisenbraun

yeah thanks for fixin that. This is cool though, because Tommy told me that they did record Oxen during their stay there, so it will be released at some point. Hopefully the acoustic version, without so much keyboard and slide guitar.