Ending "The Leak" Conversations

Started by mickeyreds, Jul 19, 2005, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyReds

I understand that "the leak" is a big deal. What i dont understand is why is has to kind of tear the true MMJ community apart. If you have your mind set on listening to it,then we are probably noy going to stop you. When I come to MMj.com I like to talk about possitive things about the band. I am pretty new to this,so some support from longtime members would be appriciated. I say we end all of the arguments,and get back to what this web site is truly about, supporting our favorite band!
As long as you keep a straight face...

EC

I hear you mickeyreds, but I think the argument is important.  I also think it's kind of blown over a bit...

It's important because if nothing else it's made people think (or some people at least) about why they're choosing either to or not to download the unreleased (and presumably not finished) album.  If we just stop arguing because it gets messy then it doesn't really sort out the problem.

Right?

'wiggum's quote reminds me of something another (lovely) member quoted to me recently, and it, for me, ties up the issue.  :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

aMillionDreams

Personally, I think that Carl Rove should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law... oh, you're talking about the other leak.  My bad  ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

primushead

I can't wait till the new Good Charlotte album is leaked.  They rock!  (Just a bit of sarcasm)

EC

TheLink

This site used to be cool.  What issue is there to discuss?  Isn't it quite common for albums to get leaked and be available on the internet before release?  So, download, listen, and shut the f up.  Mastered, not mastered, I mean give me a goddam break!  We needed a bandmember to come on the forum to point out the obvious.  Sorry for the rant, but this is stupid.  Peace.

cmasters

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...