"The Way That He Sings"!!!!!!

Started by the_twilight_kid, Jul 24, 2005, 06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

Just had it on and....This song kills me everytime I hear it! The world stops spinnin for those 5 and a half  minutes. F'n Gorgeous!!!  :o

JacketGal

Sweet sentiment...:) Ditto for me!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

ratsprayer

i had somewhat weird timing with how i got in to the band, so i heard AT DAWN before TTF, and this was the first song by the jacket that floored me.  ahhhhhh memories!   8)

ChiefOKONO

this is one of my new fav. songs over the last year or so.
i'm thinking about using it for my synchronized swimming class.

EC

Quotei'm thinking about using it for my synchronized swimming class.
I used to be a synchronized swimmer.  And we NEVER got to use good music.  One year was "Chim Chiminy" from Mary Poppins, and another year was, I'm so not joking, "I'm Gonna Wash that Man Right Out of my Hair".

I was eleven.

(Actually, I lied.  One year was Octopus' Garden.  That was cool.)

peanut butter puddin surprise

I used to be a synchronized swimmer.  And we NEVER got to use good music.  One year was "Chim Chiminy" from Mary Poppins, and another year was, I'm so not joking, "I'm Gonna Wash that Man Right Out of my Hair".

I was eleven.

(Actually, I lied.  One year was Octopus' Garden.  That was cool.)

no shit!  that is hilarious!  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

no shit!  that is hilarious!  

No shit at all.  I still have my noseplugs.  ;)

I just sang my ASS off to The Way That He Sings in the shower.  I recommend this to every single person on this planet.

Gripe

Starts at 4:05, is 'featured' at 4:26-4:40.

Have any of you noticed the similarities between MMJ and Metallica in this song? Well, one guitar part, anyway. The cool guitar sound that starts at 4:05 and is sort of "featured" between 4:26 and 4:40 reminds me a lot of that fucking wicked part at the end of "Fade To Black" on Ride The Lightning. Maybe that's what I like so much about "The Way That He Sings". These days, Metallica means about as much to me as Michael Bolton, but they used to rock.  

tomEisenbraun

Yesterday seems...as though it never existed!
Death greets me warm...
no i will just say goodbye

goooooooodbyyeyyyye!

I *kind of* see what your talking about.

Got that same kind of feel, but MMJ definitely doesn't make me angry like that.

(Unless, of course, it's Lil' Billy)

That said, who's up for the Jacket covering "Whiplash"? I know Jim's got it in him.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Chills

QuoteYesterday seems...as though it never existed!
Death greets me warm...
no i will just say goodbye

goooooooodbyyeyyyye!

I *kind of* see what your talking about.

Got that same kind of feel, but MMJ definitely doesn't make me angry like that.

(Unless, of course, it's Lil' Billy)

That said, who's up for the Jacket covering "Whiplash"? I know Jim's got it in him.

Yeah, old school Metallica, I love that stuff! It's pretty weird to listen to now that I've seen that god-awful documentary... My favorite is still "For Whom The Bell Tolls", awesome!

By the way, ever heard Evan Dando's (from The Lemonheads) version of Fade To Black? Pretty cool, acoustic, very slow.

I can see MMJ covering some, but it's hard to imagine Jim belting out the lyrics to "Creeping Death" or "Seek And Destroy", that would be freaky.