Going crazy for sharp dressed men

Started by EC, Aug 11, 2005, 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

HA! ;D

QuotePharrell Williams Tops Best-Dressed List

NEW YORK - Pharrell Williams of the Grammy-winning production duo The Neptunes tops Esquire's second annual list of the "Best Dressed Men in the World."

Esquire credits Williams with "injecting dressed-up luxury into hip-hop style and thereby influencing a new generation of guys to consider more than just a pair of baggy jeans a reflection of their youthful vitality."

Williams, 32, tells the magazine: "It's never about whether I'm the best-dressed guy in the room. I never go, `Oh, I'm killin' 'em tonight!' Instead it's about comfort and the flow."

Andre 3000, ranked No. 1 last year, dropped to No. 5.

Other best-dressed men include Jake Gyllenhaal, Kanye West, Jude Law, George Clooney, Matt Lauer, Josh Lucas, Alex Kapranos of Franz Ferdinand, Jay-Z, pro quarterback Tom Brady, Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi of Japan, U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan, Southern rock band My Morning Jacket, Luke Wilson, pro running back Curtis Martin, Paul Bettany, former President Clinton, Chris Martin, pro golfer Adam Scott and Donald Trump.

The list, compiled by a panel of fashion experts and Esquire editors, will be in the magazine's September issue.

http://www.durantdemocrat.com/articles/2005/08/11/ap/entertainment/d8btlrc80.txt

I think it was the tuxedo t-shirts that tipped the scales....

Chills

I want to be on that list too!
Maybe I should start wearing a fake parrot on my shoulder, that seems to be very fashionable.

whothrewthecake

look at our boys, amongst a prime minister, a quarterback, and the donald!  :o

thebigbang

QuoteI want to be on that list too!
Maybe I should start wearing a fake parrot on my shoulder, that seems to be very fashionable.
Ya mean that bird's not real!!!!!!
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

darkglow

nah.. i think it's the blazer with the cut off sleeves that won pharrell over

chunt983

damn, I've been wearing the bird on the shoulder for years, you older guys need to get w/ the times

thebigbang

Jim did wear a Nudie suit for the Parsons tribute (even if it was borrowed):http://www.nudiesrodeotailor.com/gallery_fashions01.html

I didn't read the article but I'm guessing someone at the zine is a fan of the band and was looking for an excuse to give them some publicity.

Here's how I think they rationalized it:
These guys go on stage looking like they walked out of the crowd of fans in the audience and then dazzle with their immense presence and effort.  The true  everymen of rock 'n' roll who don't have to dress to impress or disguise, thus scoring a gazillion style points with anyone who thinks its about the music and the moment and not the threads.

Then again, it's gotta be Jim's brown pants. Yeah, that's it!  The brown pants.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

EC

It could've been the wrist sweatbands, though.  Those are pretty sharp.  

Chills

Don't let them fool you. It is the shoewear!

EC

"like a glass of good bourbon on life's front porch."

That's almost as good as motherfucking tsunami in a brown jacket.

(or was it brown pants?...)

whothrewthecake

haha i love how they listed their age.
my morning jacket, 6.
good stuff.

sweatboard

I knew Bourboun had to be involved in this decesion some how  I just didn't think it was as a metaphore.
There's Still Time.........

ChiefOKONO

i just find it odd they were chosen but that is cool, free publicity!!!!

SMc55

Quotei just find it odd they were chosen but that is cool, free publicity!!!!

I'm with you on that. I mean, I love they way they dress but look at the rest of the list. Strange. But cool.