I CAN"T STOP........

Started by JacketGirl, Oct 12, 2005, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketGal

listening to Z. Each day I say, Ok listen to the new Neil or Ryan or something else but I come back to Z each time!

anyone else experiencing the Z~phenomenon?
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Coltrane

YES!!!! I keep wanting to delve into the new Broken Social Scene, or get back to my Dixieland/ New Oreleans Jazz exploration, but each and every time.....right back to Z!

Not that I'm complainin'.

Though the same thing happened to me with heroin. I said, "I'll just smoke some weed today." And then, bam! Black tar heroin! What the hell????
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

primushead

I listened to Z 3 times on a car ride back home.  It's so addictive!  I haven't listened to an album like this since the Joshua Tree.

EC

I fall into this category, as well.  I keep hearing new things.  If I'm not playing it, it's in my head.

It. is. so. good.

Angry Ewok

Resistance is futile.  :P

I've been stuck on listening to Jacket's Elton John's 'Rocketman' cover...
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

whothrewthecake

i can't stop, either. i also had a dondante moment the other day. i was in the car and about to go inside, but i couldn't turn it off without hearing that lonely sax. i just sat there and listened. so amazing.

JacketGal

I know it's futile to resist and I actually don't want to! teehee!:)  I've not felt like this about a record in about 15 years....it is SO good!!!!

;D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

slimsloslider

i'm definitely hooked as well. there are plenty of great albums out that i want to dive into, but something keeps bringing me back. i keep listening for influences in their songs. currently, i'm almost convinced the end of "wordless chorus" was inspired by the end of "bennie and the jets." anyone agree?

steelyB

Completely hooked. I just wish I could have caught more shows on this tour. Does the band have any plans to start releasing soundboard, or even better, matrix recordings of their shows? Anyone know? A great way for the band (and the fans) to profit! Maybe a compilation at the end of the tour?? ;)

ratsprayer

QuoteYES!!!! I keep wanting to delve into the new Broken Social Scene, or get back to my Dixieland/ New Oreleans Jazz exploration, but each and every time.....right back to Z!

Not that I'm complainin'.

Though the same thing happened to me with heroin. I said, "I'll just smoke some weed today." And then, bam! Black tar heroin! What the hell????

i feel your pain, brother.

tomEisenbraun

oh man, Wordless Chorus is such an awesome breath of fresh air. I keep loving the different approach to the reverb on this album.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

antoniostrohs

Totally agree!!! It's hard to stop. It's like free crack. ;D

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.