Favorite Z segue

Started by ycartrob, Oct 16, 2005, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

SO, what's your favorite song segue on Z? (ie, your favorite linkage of 2 songs; the 2 sequential songs that flow into/off of each other the best).

Here's mine (in my best music reviewer vernacular):

I have to say Into the Woods/Anytime.

ITW is such a playful romp into absurdity; Pee-Wee Herman meets the Crocodile Hunter. Tow Waits is the ticket taker, never making eye contact, rubbing smoke out of his eyes on a mish-mash Saturday morning. You get suckered, walking gleefully through the marshy, sideshow soundscape, not knowing Thom Yorke is behind you with an axe. A Pink Floyd/John Phillip Sousa, Robitussin induced zombie state. Hey there's the fat lady! Lookey there, the bearded lady! Losing your balance, you stop, marvel at the wonder as Thom raises the axe. God cues the choir of Wagner angels, you smile a smile that's never been smiled, death clears it's throat, then....WHAM! -Anytime- Keys like the waking moments before you're awakened from your sleepy sleep, a dreamlike dream about dreaming (damn...). And then you're on solid ground and running. Purpose. Meaning. Direction. Importance. (and fun). A hard taco after a burrito. Ice skating after swimming. A nice smack to the face after a verbal swearing. A chewing of fingernails after sipping on blood...

That's what I say.

whothrewthecake

pobably lay low/knot comes loose.
you get this totally intense face melting section and then in comes the pretty little piano to calm you down.

doEVILslittle

what about the songs that actually segue into one another like off the record into into the woods

i do like that description of ITW->Anytime though

dragonboy

Wordless/Beats 4 U  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Nikkogino

QuoteWordless/Beats 4 U  :)

i agree....after the playful prince/michael jackson impression, "IB4U" comes on as if to say, "okay let's get serious"

tdan

Anytime/Lay Low

Probably because they are my two favorite songs on Z.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

dogandponyshow

Going with Gideon....

D.

Coyote

Quotepobably lay low/knot comes loose.
you get this totally intense face melting section and then in comes the pretty little piano to calm you down.

same here - love that.