Courier-Journal/Entertainment Magazine

Started by johnconaway, Jun 25, 2003, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Okay, I take back everything I said about the CJ...

Check the Features section today...The buzz:

QuoteIt's offical...My Morning Jacket has been on the verge of the verge of the verge for some time now but, according to Entertainment Weekly, the Louisville band is now officially the "next big thing".  
    The magazine's annual "It" issue, which annoints the coolest people, places, and things on Planet Showbiz, has declared My Morning Jacket a band to watch in the coming months.  Why My Morning Jacket?
    "This hirsute Louisville quintet's pair of sought-after EP's have won it a rep as an Allman Brothers for cool people," EW declares in its June 27-July 4 issue.  "Plus the band recently opened for the perennially It Bob Dylan in a parking lot in its hometown."
    EW gently mocks lead singer Jim James' shaggy hair and apparent affinity for "The Muppet Show", noting that the 25-year-old's "hair-in-the-face playing style makes him look like that fuzzy keyboard player Dr. Teeth."
    Dave Grohl's favorite band (it says so in the same issue) is on tour with the Foo Fighters and will drop its major label debut, "It Still Moves," in September.
-Thomas Nord, The Courier-Journal

Man, that is sooooooooo cool!  ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

danilove

Hey y'all-
Did you see the recent write-up in the CJ about the quirky house of one the guys from Blue Goat War...who also happens to be organizing Lebowski Fest...who also happens to be a die hard fan of My Morning Jacket...It was very bizarre, but pretty cool. Anywho...give him my love if you bump into him at the Rose Bowl.  :-*

Love.
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

Will do!  I'm going shopping this weekend for a thrift store brown robe and sandals!

yeah right

i admit it is a cool article, but this one line is a load of crap:

"This hirsute Louisville quintet's pair of sought-after EP's have won it a rep as an Allman Brothers for cool people."

i would guess most people have NO IDEA about the 2 EP's... if the article mentioned the At Dawn album or their spectacular live show, then I could agree with that... but just because the EP's are the most recent things to come out, does not mean that's what is brining new fans in... this reporter obviously knows little about the band...

Yeah, I know what you mean about that.  "Cobra" was hardly Allmanesque...

yeah right

yeah, i don't get the Allman Bros. comparison either... is it maybe because they are both from the South?...