Feel Good Song of the Fall

Started by ycartrob, Oct 25, 2005, 08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Listening to Wordless Chorus on my way to work this morning.

The trees blowing up with orange, reds and yellow; all that high lonesome...

The Feel Good Song of the Fall (ya'll, let's make this the best fall ever!)

corey

My 5 year old LOVES it. He was rocking back and forth in the car the other day and kept wanting me to start that track over.
After about the 5th time, he was harmonizing with the chorus.
AWESOME KID!

sweatboard

When they write it on the setlists they always spell it
"Worldless"  

Any thoughts on this line?

"Fissure is the thrill of the day"  

or "A cartoon of eggs think it's all worth while"?

is thier a Humpty Dumpty theme on this album?

Gideon - "Make a sound come down off the wall"
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Is Bush Humpty?

All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put humpty together again.

Enrump

I haven't heard it yet, but what I have heard is feelgood hit of the summer with QOTSA. I guess the lyrics are a bit different huh?

sweatboard

c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-...........

Enrump

I'm not sure I should follow up on that one... =)

October

i got a setlist at boston and thought WORLDLESS was just a typo.  good question though

in gideon - "make a sound come down off the wall"

jim explained in the NPR interview that Gideon was this bird.  he heard some story on the radio about this woman who really loved her bird or something and let him fly around?  all her kids began to hate gideon because she stole his attention

so i'm guessing it's something to do with the bird being out of his cage and not responding to calls for him to come down?? maybe? metaphor for people to get off their asses and do something maybe instead of just sit idle?

whothrewthecake

best driving song ever! (besides nearly everything else mmj)

dragonboy

QuoteMy 5 year old LOVES it. He was rocking back and forth in the car the other day and kept wanting me to start that track over.
AWESOME KID!

It's my wife's favourite track on Z.
She kind of liked the "Big Hair Band" before but Z & Wordless Chorus got her totally hooked.
My wife works out to Z at the gym  [smiley=rock.gif]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tdan

My wife works out to Z at the gym  [smiley=rock.gif]

As do I.  It is the perfect length for someone who works out during a one-hour lunch break.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

Half

Quotec-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-...........

COCCAINE!
but i done went and plum forgot it

EC

QuoteMy 5 year old LOVES it. He was rocking back and forth in the car the other day and kept wanting me to start that track over.
AWESOME KID!

Oh my god I love that kid.  Lord, every time I think about him I... aaahhhh.  :)  He's so wicked.

Do you know Brian, I never noticed that about Worldless, but I just checked and there it is.  Interesting.

Enrump

COCCAINE!

Thank you, now I don't have to come off as some kind of crackhead...

Clarkwork

AWESOME KID!

That's funny, my 15 month old son loves MMJ.  Everytime I play them he will just stop whatever he is doing and listen for a minute.  I think it my be the soothing reverb in Jim's voice.  He also love Wordless Chorus, and tries to copy the chorus.  Hopefully he will keep his good tast in music :)
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

catbear

I love to listen to Wordless Chorus first thing in the morning or when I first get in the car.  It really puts me in a good mood.