Lyrics question

Started by brkdwnbus, Oct 20, 2005, 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brkndwnbus

I'm listening to a show from the "Monsters of Folk" tour and there is a song I can't think of the name for....When Jim sings the chorus he is saying "I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait anymore."  There is also  line in the song goes "I ust want to get back to my city."...Not sure if that is enough infor or not.

tomEisenbraun

It's called "I Can't Wait" and it hasn't been released anywhere, but I've got another bootleg of it from a radio broadcast and the lyrics are a lot more intelligible.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

brkndwnbus

Thanks for the response. I figured that may have been the name of the song, but wasn't sure. yeah, the version I have isn't very clear so making out the lyrics was kind of difficult at times. Thanks for the info.

rob

Does anyone know what's repeated over and over at the end of Steam Engine?
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

sweatboard

I don't think anyone knows for sure but I always like to think that he's saying "we got em, we got em, we got em"  If you don't like that just make up something else.
There's Still Time.........

primushead

I always thought it might be 'the beat we've got, the beat we've got, we've got it, we've got it"  ???

ycartrob

QuoteDoes anyone know what's repeated over and over at the end of Steam Engine?

Feed Delilah, feed Delilah...

tomEisenbraun

i think it's just a "dee dee da dum, da dee dee da dum" kind of deal. no real words, but a ton of emotion.

ycartrob

actually, it's "be in Greenock, be in Greenock".

Greenock, Scotland is where James Watt was born. James Watt invented the steam engine.

I rest my case.

tomEisenbraun

you're full of shit and you know it.  ;)

seriously though, that's crap, right?

ratsprayer

Quoteyou're full of shit and you know it.  ;)

seriously though, that's crap, right?

no crap at all, james watt really did invent the steam engine.   :P

sweatboard

How much you want to bet Tom is googeling like a mother fucker right now.

sweatboard

Ok, I was googeling like a mother myself

Greenock, Scotland is where James Watt was born - True Statement.  

James Watt invented the Steam Engine - True Statement

Tracie is a huge DORK - True Statement.

"be in Greenock, be in Greenock". lyrics to Steam Engine - Complete load of shit.

Correct Lyrics, "He Be In Greenock, We Be In Greenock" - Totaly True.

ycartrob

actually, I'm no dork, I am one of those people who appears to be a dumb ass ( you know, drooling on himself in the corner, helicoptering his hawiaan shirt over his head, striking up stellar conversations with bass players in back parking lots after shows (Tom? help me out here, am I a genius or what?)) but is really a genius.

I can't explain it, it's real, real complicated.

sweatboard

Ok, I wouldn't consider asking Two Tone Tommy if he would mind signing your wife's boob "stellar conversation" but whatever.

sweatboard