Have you seen this?

Started by SMc55, Sep 04, 2005, 10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMc55

You probably have but what the hey.

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/my_morning_jacket/audvid.jhtml

On the 'you hear it first' link, you get a sweet little video about the band (pre lineup change) on a trip to New York. I'd never seen it before.

Jellyfish

That's awesome...no,I haven't seen it before.Thanks for posting.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

That's so funny!  I just found that a couple of weeks ago.  I think I didn't post it here because I'd assumed people had seen it.  So I made an ass out of.. ah, only me, I guess.  ;)

It's really lovely though, hey?  I remember laughing pretty hard at something Patrick said at the end...

dragonboy

Hadn't seen that one - thanks for posting!  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

doEVILslittle

thanks subway...haha yes..awesome. i always forget this, i rmember hearing somewhere but what is danny's actual relation to johnny cash?

primushead

Coincidentally, I worked at subway for a year and a half.  Man, that job sucked. >:(

realdeal

Quotethanks subway...haha yes..awesome. i always forget this, i rmember hearing somewhere but what is danny's actual relation to johnny cash?

there is no relation at all. its a stage name. get it.

aMillionDreams

actually i've heard from reliable sources that they were distant cousins, though he never really talked to johnny.  However, I am POSITIVE that Danny Cash is NOT just a stage name, but is, in fact, his real name.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

doEVILslittle

there is no relation at all. its a stage name. get it.

so why did mtv lie to me?

MMJ_fanatic

Jim and Tommy are the only 2 I know using pseudonyms.  I keep forgetting to ask Jim if Jim James is a tribute to Mr Hendrix whose early band was "Jimmy James and the Blue Flames".  I'd like to think thats the dope on it 8)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

QuoteI keep forgetting to ask Jim if Jim James is a tribute to Mr Hendrix whose early band was "Jimmy James and the Blue Flames"

I remember reading about Jimmy James & the Blue Flames. Is Jim a Hendrix fan? That would be very cool if you were right! 8)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

corey

This is an exceprt from Ger's "Nashville to Kentucky" site:

LEO: What about your name change from Jim Olliges to Jim James?

JJ: It was just easier. When I was playing a lot of open mic nights, I'd put Jim Olliges and they'd go, Jim Olgus or something. I liked the way Jim James sounds. Kinda sounds like a western gunslinger name. It's a lot easier, and it impacts on your brain quicker.

whothrewthecake

heh gunslinger name. that owns.

primushead

Personally I would've gone with Jim Beam.  It works on so many levels!

DD

cash is indeed danny's last name.

[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

tomEisenbraun

Haha, for all of my junior I tried to go by Tommy Two Gun.

Go figure.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Dee.

This was the first time that I ever saw the band.  Before then I'd only heard 'em.  I saw this on tv when it first aired and my mind was blown.  8)

From time to time, I still go to MTV's site and watch it.  Thanks, Subway.