Patterson Hood (of the DBTs) digs "Z"

Started by olwiggum, Dec 01, 2005, 11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

Just saw this in an interview with PH in Fader magazine.
------

Fader : You gonna be buying that new Darkness album?

PH : I haven't heard it yet, but I want to. I love that shit, that's all fine with me. I've really enjoyed the new My Morning Jacket record and then I heard the new Centromatic record, and holy shit, it's just unbelievable.

------

Nothing really big here, but I really dig the DBTs and MMJ, so it's neat to see Patterson say that he enjoys the new record.

dragonboy

Nothing really big here, but I really dig the DBTs and MMJ, so it's neat to see Patterson say that he enjoys the new record.

MMJ are my favourite band hands down.
DBT used to be a close second but The Dirty South just didn't do it for me like Southern Rock Opera & Decoration Day.
Here's hoping for a good follow up.
Still an amazing live band & it's cool that Patterson digs MMJ, he & the rest of the band seem like some of the most down to earth people in rock music today.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

corey

Quotehe & the rest of the band seem like some of the most down to earth people in rock music today.

They really are. They are just like MMJ, in that they are very approachable and appreciateive of their fans.

http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2005/11/30/fresh-out-the-frying-pan
Here is a link to the rest of the article. He talks quite a bit about their next record.

kymoose

DBT rules......ain't no doubt about that.

primushead

Patterson is the greatest.  such a good storyteller and songwriter.  If you ever get the chance to see him solo, go for it (well, any of the truckers for that matter)

corey

Patterson has a bunch of solo-ish* dates this month, mostly in the Southeast.

He's playing with the Screwtopians, which consist of The EZB, John Neff, David Barbe (somtimes), and Don Chambers. They're playing several songs from his next solo record as well as some assorted DBT tunes.

corey

Wed Dec 7 - Athens, GA - Farm 255 -Robert Osborn's Classic Film Festival Concert 10pm
Sat Dec 10 - St. Louis, MO - Mound City Music Fest at The Pageant w/ Son Volt - Patterson Hood solo (see poster)
Sun Dec 11 - Nashville, TN - Mercy Lounge - Patterson Hood and the Screwtopians
Sat Dec 17 - Asheville, NC - Warren Haynes XMas Jam @ Asheville Civic Center
Sun Dec 25 - Atlanta, GA - The Earl

primushead

Wiggum, you should come to asheville for the christmas jam and meet up with my group.  It'll be a grand ol' time.  

corey

Would love to, but can't swing it. Times is rough with the wallet.

Thought about catching Patterson's Nashville show, but can't justify it financially. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some shows in January 'cause I should be much better off by then.

primushead

I hear ya.  I've been there plenty of times.

Easy Morning Rebel

Ah damn that I don't live in US. I want to see some of that shows too.. :(
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues