Ruckus on Elizabethtown Soundtrack Vol. 2

Started by ellisintransit, Dec 07, 2005, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellisintransit

Howdy everybody!  Did anyone see this on Pitchforkmedia yesterday?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-12/06.shtml

"In other MMJ news, the band will contribute a new song to the second soundtrack CD accompanying Cameron Crowe's recent movie Elizabethtown. Elizabethtown-Volume II will hit stores February 7, the same day as the Elizabethtown DVD. Performing as their cinematic alter ego Ruckus, My Morning Jacket do a version of "Same in Any Language", a song performed by I Nine on the first Elizabethtown soundtrack. Volume II also features a new Ryan Adams tune, "Words", a previously unreleased version of the Judee Sill song "Jesus Was a Crossmaker" by Rachel Yamagata, and a new cover of "Moon River" by Patty Griffin. Previously released tracks from Pinback, the Concretes, and Ulrich Schnauss make strange bedfellows with songs by Lindsey Buckingham, the Temptations, and Tom Petty to round out the disc. So it's the perfect Valentine's Day gift for that friend who claims to listen to "all kinds of music."

I loved the E-town soundtrack, so this sounds awesome. ;D

tomEisenbraun

everybody knows we just wanna hear em do freebird.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ellisintransit

wellfleet

but seriously, how come no one had the balls to yell "freebird" at their concerts? anyone know if the band played it on their tour? or is that too navel-gazing for them?
everything sucks. really.

cmccubbin25

Quotebut seriously, how come no one had the balls to yell "freebird" at their concerts? anyone know if the band played it on their tour? or is that too navel-gazing for them?

i think Jim said in an interview that people used to yell it all the time when they first started playing...and if you have ever been in small town band everybody wants to hear freebird!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

tomEisenbraun

i think if i ever got that yelled at me, i would play it and then jam out on the solo for ten minutes just to really get em. if they liked it, then all the more power to em, i'd have a return fan
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

fitzcarraldo

I think I'd give em a free bird. The finger.  

Form91225

Listen, I had to hear frickin' Free Bird every g-d day at lunch in high school. we had a jukebox and some cretin played that and "up against the wall redneck mothers" every damn day. so i hated free bird.

then i heard the ruckus version in e-town. and it ROCKED! i wanna hear it!!!!!!

tdan

...and if you have ever been in small town band everybody wants to hear freebird!

Unfortunately this is no longer the case.  I saw Ben Folds earlier this year in NY and some a-hole kept yelling freebird.  After it got really old, Ben started to play it, sang a few words, then cursed about not knowing the lyrics and it was thankfully over.

Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end