MMJ Live Online Oct. 10!

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 04, 2005, 04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4934012

I had a strong suspicion this was going to happen.  Wow..  Can someone tell me who their publicist is?

My Morning Jacket Live Online Oct. 10
NPR.org to Webcast Full Concert from Washington, D.C.

NPR.org, October 3, 2005 · Hear a full concert live online by the experimental country-rock group My Morning Jacket Oct. 10. NPR.org will webcast the performance from Washington, D.C.'s 9:30 Club along with opening act Kathleen Edwards. It's the latest in NPR Music's live concert series from All Songs Considered.

My Morning Jacket is from Louisville, KY. They describe their latest CD, simply titled Z, as a collection of "sad, mysterious dance music."

"We wanted to make a record that grooved and swung, but wasn't trying to imitate classic soul," says Guitarist, singer and songwriter Jim James. "We wanted to keep an aspect of what we'd always done, but also make something you could dance to or listen to while driving home. Hip-hop and soul music are unifying people right now. I wanted to incorporate that into our music."

dragonboy

"Sad, mysterious dance music."
The band said that? Wow!

Mysterious is a good word that I think has always applied to MMJ but I would describe this as their "least sad" release?

Anybody else?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

I think it might be a little sad...  But not overwhelmingly, tragic angsty or anything.  :)

Coltrane

There is always a tinge of sadness in the music, but somehow, and this is Jim's genius, it always pulls through in the end. There are so many songs in the catalog that make me weep, but ultimately feel better.........
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

EC

QuoteThere is always a tinge of sadness in the music, but somehow, and this is Jim's genius, it always pulls through in the end. There are so many songs in the catalog that make me weep, but ultimately feel better.........

Undeniably correct.  Very good.  You are much better than I with articulation.  :)

You never feel shitty when you hear their songs, do you?  You always feel like everything's going to be okay.  You're very right, that is Jim's and the whole band's genius.  I'm very impressed by what you just said.

EC

QuoteCan someone tell me who their publicist is?
Laurie, I know this and I can't remember right now..  Something about hot ladies...  shit.  I'll post if I remember.    They do a lot of bands.

fitzcarraldo

High Fuckin Five!!! Thanks!

whothrewthecake

QuoteHigh Fuckin Five!!! Thanks!

was it the girlie action thing?

fitzcarraldo

was it the girlie action thing?

Ha! Yeah, it could be. Nah, it was for the broadcast!   :)

EC

That's it!  Girlie Action.  Not hot ladies.  hahaha.

That's their marketing rep.  (I think...)

allsongs

Just a reminder that NPR's All Songs Considered will webcast a full concert by My Morning Jacket, live Monday October 10th from the 9:30 Club in Washington DC.  Along with the My Morning Jacket, will be Kathleen Edwards.
Both performances will be webcast in their entirety.

The shows will also be archived as part of our concert series, a series that has featured Bright Eyes, Wilco, The Decemberists, Interpol, Lucinda Williams, The Shins, The White Stripes, and others.

All the information can be found here
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4934012

All the best,
All Songs Considered

LaurieBlue

QuoteThat's it!  Girlie Action.  Not hot ladies.  hahaha.

That's their marketing rep.  (I think...)

Yep - that was it!  They do an incredible job, not only with MMJ but with a ton of artists I see in the press all the time these days.  Very impressive.

Thanks!
Laurie

primushead

So will anyone be at the 9:30 club to flip the camera off and run onstage naked during "Into the Woods" for my entertainment?

primushead

QuoteSo will anyone be at the 9:30 club to flip the camera off and run onstage naked during "Into the Woods" for my entertainment?

Upon looking at that a 2nd time, it is my concensus that it's creepy....reaaaaaaaly creepy. :-/

ratsprayer

Upon looking at that a 2nd time, it is my concensus that it's creepy....reaaaaaaaly creepy. :-/

stay off the lemonade, primushead.   [smiley=bier.gif]

primushead

stay off the lemonade, primushead.   [smiley=bier.gif]

Duely noted.

ratsprayer

Duely noted.

im being a bit of a bad influence by still offering you some, though.  oh well....   [smiley=rock.gif]

primushead

im being a bit of a bad influence by still offering you some, though.  oh well....   [smiley=rock.gif]

Yeah, you're what's wrong with the world today.  That guy who always offers too much lemonade.   :)

ratsprayer

Yeah, you're what's wrong with the world today.  That guy who always offers too much lemonade.   :)

yeah that, downloading music illegally, my political views.  man, i need some of that lemonade to drown my sorrows.   :-/

primushead

Oh, here you go.   [smiley=bier.gif]