Thunderstorms (Not A Virgin Anymore).............

Started by sweatboard, Apr 02, 2006, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

They finally did it to me.............. I was listening to My Morning Jacket and the sky's parted, the clouds rolled in. and God rumbeled in approvement and concern and shock and awe and Love and Fear and Let It Pour.  But Literaly. I wonder if the band knows they can induce "Thunder Storms".  It is absolutly AMAZING. ;)
There's Still Time.........

BH

That's very cool.

Saturday was the first real nice spring day in my neck of the woods and I put the Ipod on and sat under the baking sun.  Try this sometime.  Sit in a lawn chair and lay your head back.  Put Rollin Back on Ipod/headphones/whatever.  Close your eyes.  Keep them closed.  At the 6:54 mark, when the choir like background vocals kick in with the "Ahhhhhhh"  open your eyes to the sun.  OK, so the sun wasn't the only thing baking, but this produced quite a nice "chill" up my spine and set me in great mood for the rest of the day.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MMJ_fanatic

proof, yet again, of the power of music ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

I'm convinced that God felt so bad I missed the Bonnaroo 04 experience that he sent me my very own, hand delivered to my back porch.  It was insane because you've never seen a thunderstorm roll up so quick and powerful.  I was dancing my ass off in my bedroom and in the peak moment of clarity and liberation from the music, I felt, saw, and heard the biggest lightening bolt God has ever delivered.  So I went out to the back porch and watched the show.  It was the most awesome display of nature I have ever witnessed first hand.  It was what they refer to as AWE Inspiring,

TEO

Sweatboard-U goin' to 'ROO this year? I really think it would be awesome if we could hold some sort of MMJ fan club meet!
TEO
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

EC

almost every time i have seen this band they have brought a storm with them.  that short southern tour last year, storms.  here in toronto, it was a beautiful sunny day, they came, stormy skies.  i don't think it actually stormed, but it wanted to.  i think the city of toronto by-laws prevented the actual storm from happening because it was a wednesday, and we don't allow storms on wednesdays.

Jellyfish

Both times I have seen them it was storms.....the Ziggy's show was a bad  T-storm that knocked the power out for just a second near the end while the Richmond show was rain and a little snow.

I am a believer. ;D
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

sweatboard

QuoteBoth times I have seen them it was storms.....the Ziggy's show was a bad  T-storm that knocked the power out for just a second near the end while the Richmond show was rain and a little snow.

I am a believer. ;D

I figured you were.  You missed my 2000 post party by the way.  I think there is still some weed left over there if you can find the thread.

sweatboard

QuoteSweatboard-U goin' to 'ROO this year? I really think it would be awesome if we could hold some sort of MMJ fan club meet!
TEO

Nah, but I think a few folks here are. ;D  I'm sure there could be a get together arranged.  I think we tried to do it last year.  Actually, Tom and Meg hung out.  So, I would think that closer to Bonnaroo you will see a get together thread.

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

EC

Nah, but I think a few folks here are. ;D  I'm sure there could be a get together arranged.  I think we tried to do it last year.  Actually, Tom and Meg hung out.  So, I would think that closer to Bonnaroo you will see a get together thread.
we did try but you were too busy getting high and sleeping under trees.  ;)

p.s.  another bonnaroo tip:  cellphones don't like to work.

sweatboard

Jellyfish

I figured you were.  You missed my 2000 post party by the way.  I think there is still some weed left over there if you can find the thread.

Ah...I always miss the parties...problem is by the time a thread gets 3 pages long I am way too fugged up to read it all. ;D

Congrats......
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need